Women's soccer recruiting

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Moooooo, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

While I can't seem to find who we have committed,
    it's tough seeing who's getting away . . .

The Link

2. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

I hate to lose that No. 1 rated girl who is from our state to Notre Dame. We've got some great commits but I sure hate to let this one get away.

3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not just #1, but #7 and #8.

Ironic that when we hired Petrucelli from Notre Dame, they replaced him with the coach from Baylor, I believe.

ND has won one or two national championships under his guidance, and has been to many Final Fours. And now they've pulled 2 of our state's top recruits . . .

4. bularry

bularry 250+ Posts

that guy is a great coach, I was really disappointed when BU let him get away.

5. Bill in Sinton

So far I think we have four good recruits which include Courtney Goodson MF, Amanda Lisbergery F, Shaine Millheiser GK and Leah Payne DM. But I sure hate to see that on this list we are losing 3 of the top 10 to out of state schools (Notre Dame and Duke). I noticed that No. 2, 12, 15, 17, 20 and 25 are undecided. We should try to get a couple of these if we could.
    I noticed we are catching up with the Aggies on our rosters though which is good because we are able to rest players and give everyone PT.

6. UTCHHSLonghorns

UTCHHSLonghorns 25+ Posts

Melissa Henderson is a beast. We played against her when I coached at Lake Highlands and she made it look easy. It's not like we had a terrible team or anything, including Casey Mogk who is currently at UT.

[​IMG]

7. pantone159

pantone159 100+ Posts

We also have in the works:

Lucy Keith, from Parish Episcopal (DFW area), and
    Kylie Doniak, from Slammers SC in California.

Lots of California girls on the way.

8. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

We've gotten a ton of Cali girls over the years.

9. Bill in Sinton

We have had a few from Pennsylvania too.

10. Bill in Sinton

Considering it was USC against UCLA in the finals this year it is a good thing we have a California connection but you would like to keep some of our in state ladies home.

11. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

seems like i recall a post earlier this year that mentioned two, or it may have actually been three members of the same california club team that had committed to the horns. i think a couple of posts even mentioned a sports program or show that had been produced on the squad....am i remembering correctly? does anyone have more info on these players?

12. pantone159

pantone159 100+ Posts

You are thinking of the girls from Eagles SC in California, Courtney Goodson, Amanda Lisberger and Shaine Millheiser.The LinkThe LinkThe Link

There was some TV show about some of them, I never got to see it though.

13. pantone159

pantone159 100+ Posts

Soccer Buzz now has a list of 2008 commitmentsThe Link

and it adds for us, Emily Erickson, from Coppell HS in Texas, her club is the D'Feeters.

14. Bill in Sinton

Great News! Welcome to Austin Emily!

15. Bill in Sinton

I hated to lose Melissa to Notre Dame but these ladies are going to be good soccer players for us. Welcome to Austin Ladies!

[​IMG]

16. pantone159

pantone159 100+ Posts

Also now know about Kendall Frizzell, from Tyler, coming to Austin.
    The Link

17. Bill in Sinton

Thanks for the information! Welcome to Austin Kendall!!
    Good news indeed!

[​IMG]

18. pantone159

pantone159 100+ Posts

A little story about Amanda Lisberger...The Link

19. Bill in Sinton

Thanks for sharing and good job Amanda! We look forward to having you in Austin.

20. pantone159

pantone159 100+ Posts

A 2009 recruit, Alexa Gaul, a GK from Illinois, who is in the national team pool.The Link

21. Bill in Sinton

Welcome to Texas Alexa!

[​IMG]

22. Bill in Sinton

I think tomorrow is also National Signing Day (Feb. 6, 2008) for College Women's soccer. I look forward to good news then as well as football. [​IMG]

23. pantone159

pantone159 100+ Posts

Texas has posted the 2008 recruiting class...
    The Link

The official list adds Samantha Toner, and does not list Emily Erickson. Emily is reported as a UT recruit by several sources, so I am not sure what is up with that one.

24. LNGHRNSFORME

LNGHRNSFORME < 25 Posts

"A 2009 recruit, Alexa Gaul, a GK from Illinois, who is in the national team pool"

DIDN'T THEY GET A BIG TIME GK IN THE 2009 CLASS?

25. LNGHRNSFORME

LNGHRNSFORME < 25 Posts

"A 2009 recruit, Alexa Gaul, a GK from Illinois, who is in the national team pool"

DIDN'T THEY GET A BIG TIME GK IN THE 2008 CLASS?

I meant 2008 class. At least thats what one of the other messages said. Anyone know?

26. pantone159

pantone159 100+ Posts

Milheiser is supposed to be a very good GK. So we will have two good ones once Alexa gets here.