wondering

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by centexorange, Feb 25, 2014.

1. centexorange

centexorange 1,000+ Posts

Is anyone else wondering about this team? Strong play, wins then turn around and get blown out twice? Is it youth or what.

2. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

That win streak over 4 ranked teams in a row (ISU, KSU, BU, and KU) were all in Austin, except BU.

Texas was jelling as a team of young players, playing preseason favorite teams that were having a bit of a slump.

The recent losses to ISU and KU were away; now BU is peaking again, but this game is in Austin, so a little benefit to Texas.

If the Horns go 2-2 with the next 4 games (BU, @OU, TCU, @Tceh) they'll be 22-9 going into the Big XII tourney, and if they can win one and then out, 23-10, still an almost sure NCAA bid.

On balance, a very good year considering.

Remember, the other teams are trying real hard to win also. Duh.

Hook 'em

3. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

When you have a team without any pure shooters that's not on top of the other aspects of the game, **** is bound to happen.

4. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I think home court means a great deal in college basketball, especially to a young team.

Plus, youth is typically associated with inconsistency. Also youth is associated with growth spurts. I think this season has seen all of that.

We have reached a plateau, and possibly taken a step or two back in a couple of recent games. Baylor is coming in on a roll. They are talented and will be very hard to beat. Ridley and Ibeh (sp) need to be ready for a tough physical night. We will need them to score, as well as block shots and rebound.

5. tejas77

tejas77 1,000+ Posts

We are 21-7 after beating Baylor last night. If someone would have told me before the season started we would have 21 wins, I wouldn't have believed them. This team has far exceeded my expectations. [​IMG]

6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

This win also showed character.
    Once the momentum switched to Baylor last year's team would have folded

7. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Yep. Gotta be pleased, but still with high expectations.

8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts