Workout ruined by too much cologne

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by Texanne, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I just finished my cardio workout at the fitness center here at the college where I work. About halfway through my treadmill routine, someone comes into the cardio theater who had doused him/herself in Calvin Klein's Obsession, the most wretched cologne ever dreamed up. That stuff is RANK -- it smells like musty carrion to me!

I started to develop a headache almost immediately, and it wasn't too much longer until I started feeling like my throat was going to close. So I cut my workout short and left the gym.

Even now I can still smell that rotten smell in my nose.

Why do people feel compelled to put on cologne before going to the gym? And even more important, why does it seem like everyone who wears Obsession knows nothing about moderation? It's like they BATHE in that ****.

2. Not that Bob

Not that Bob 500+ Posts

If a person has something going on with their body that needs to be covered up by fragrance...that person needs to go to a doctor.

3. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

How long have you manifested this anti-cologne obsession?

4. chillywillywall

chillywillywall 100+ Posts

i hate when girls wera to much perfume at the gym. its smells good, but its distracting.

5. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

This is why I only wear Drakkar Noir at the gym, because you can't wear too much of that ****. The downside, of course, is keeping the ladies clear of my shoulders when I'm doing preacher curls.

6. idigTexas

idigTexas 1,000+ Posts

People who wear stink juice regularly lose their sense of smell to their odor of preference. They can't smell it so they think no one else can. Thus they bathe in it.

I have the same reaction as you do to most colognes/perfumes. Some of that stuff is toxic as hell.

7. Hornin Hong Kong

Hornin Hong Kong 1,000+ Posts

I love obsession, it reminds me of high schools and strip clubs. Wet Lipstick and Glitter. Strippers.

8. jbusch

jbusch 25+ Posts

That's disgusting. At my local gym, the cardio area is open to the rest of the gym, so the effectiveness of the odoriferous emanations are limited.

9. RoundhouseKick

RoundhouseKick 250+ Posts

Nasty. For that matter, why do people need to wear ******* perfume/cologne to the office? I mean, it's the freaking office where you're there to WORK. In close quarters. For several hours. Straight.

And I hope this is ok to say, because it's truly only an
    observation....but black women are the very worst offenders in the perfume/cologne overload category.

10. OrangeBlooded

OrangeBlooded 500+ Posts

11. LonghornLawOwl

LonghornLawOwl 25+ Posts

my high school english teacher used to say there's an inverse correlation between the amount of perfume/cologne someone wore and their intelligence...

12. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

13. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

Obsession, Drakkar and Polo remind me of Jr. High....I cannot believe people still wear them. I laugh at people wearing make up in the gym and running around the park at Memorial. What is the point of that?

[​IMG]

14. Brisketexan

Brisketexan 1,000+ Posts

Brut . . . by Faberge.

Cheap *************.

15. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

16. milk_monitor

milk_monitor 100+ Posts

17. DMLonghorn

DMLonghorn 100+ Posts

[Jordan] I don't know too many straight guys who wear cologne [/Jordan]

18. wolfman

wolfman 1,000+ Posts

I wear this to my workouts

[​IMG]

19. Naldadoo

Naldadoo 25+ Posts

20. i haven't worn a cologne in probably 8 something years. so it was me, texanne.

21. shorty

shorty 250+ Posts

I wish I would just get a headache when I am around someone with too much offensive cologne/aftershave on. My throat immediately constricts and I cannot breathe. It does not bother me to tell someone they need to wash some of it off. It does not bother me if it embarrasses them that I am choked up, red faced, and tears are running down my cheeks from their fragrance.

Nothing smells better than the fragrance of soap from someone having taken a shower/bath.

22. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico 1,000+ Posts

23. pmg

pmg 1,000+ Posts

I agree, I don't want to smell cologne, perfume, deoderant, soap/shampoo, or smoke embedded in your t-shirt.
    I can understand it at 5:00 pm, when you're coming from work, but why at 6:00 a.m.? Are you showering just for the workout? That combined with the almost constant "refinishing the floors" makes me almost forget my mantra.

24. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like some of y'all are saying people don't really need to wear deoderant.