WORLD CUP 2010 (TV Schedules and brackets also)

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by l00p, Jun 10, 2010.

1. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I did the same thing! Are you talking about the guy just now that did a swan move on the way down or the other one a couple of minutes ago? They need to schedule an app't with their OBGYN when they get home.

2. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Incredible save by Casillas, wow.

3. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

Wow. Robben just might've secured himself a very unflattering legacy.

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I have to say that I like the fun of each team adding a celebrity to play for them. Spain has Howard Stern and the Dutch have Ben Affleck.

5. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

Indeed, it was a nice save from Casillas, but if Robben puts some elevation on that shot, Iker's got no chance. For an attacker of his stature, that was a poor effort from Robben.

6. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Depending on how this match ends that may be save of tournament (it is to this point for sure) and Robben could be reliving that his entire life.

7. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

English announcers for just a moment thought that was Puyol with his second.

8. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

OMG. V. Bommel goes down two steps later with such forced gyration I am shocked he did not get whiplash. For a guy who plays so dirty and with so much sketchy aggression you would expect him to be tough.

He must vacation in Italy.

9. kjgirl

kjgirl 500+ Posts

10. kjgirl

kjgirl 500+ Posts

Villa almost had it there

11. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Oooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhh, wow. Almost. When I saw that deflection I almost put my hands in the ceiling fan blades again. It's sort of a ritual of mine and not by design.

12. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

And now Villa wastes a gifted chance.

F-Dub was right--this has not been a final for the ages.

13. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Villa whiffs now on what looked to be a certain goal. He and Robben should have finished better on their chances. This sub Navas has really looked good.

14. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

I am not sure we have had a great World Cup Final since '86. '90 and '94 were abortions. '98 was tainted by what I still believe was a match fixing scandal, '02 was a snoozer with really a Brazil win never in doubt even with it taking them 70 minutes to score. '06 was OK but is remembered for a headbutt more than great plays. Finals tend to disappoint in World Cup at least the last several.

15. kjgirl

kjgirl 500+ Posts

Now its get uglier

16. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

The choking continues as Ramos misses a free header.

17. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Is there a bigger douche monkey on the pitch than Van Bommel? He reminds me a lot of Materazzi from Italy. But Materazzi is at least tough and can back up his douchery. Not so much for V. Bommel.

18. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Ramos has had a good game but he will be seeing that one in his sleep for a while if Spain loses here.

19. kjgirl

kjgirl 500+ Posts

Robben is a big baby

20. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

This is quickly devolving into one of the worst finals ever. What began promisingly has been scarred with an abundance of fouls, dives and wasted chances.

21. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Robben doesnt go to ground when he could have, wow and now he gets yellow for dissent.

22. kjgirl

kjgirl 500+ Posts

Who for the Dutch doesn't have a card?

23. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

Robben needs to stfu. He overdribbled there and Casillas did well to take it off his foot. His ensuing flop was pathetic.

24. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

This final is definitely challenging '90 for ugliest ever, all we need are a couple of red cards and a late PK to make the twin to that game complete.

25. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

He was outside the box when he was impeded and still not all that much. Then he gets it poached by a great play by Casillas and whines to the point of getting a card. Way to go, classless whiny idiot.

I agree, this is now frustrating but the antics of the Dutch is a major reason why. I did not dislike them at all before this match. Now, not so much. They play without honor and class. They know they are a lesser team, it seems, and are trying antics to counter that rather than fight it out like men. As an announcer said earlier in the Cup, it's like their team has a pact or has practiced laying down and writhing on the ground for a very long time, begging for a call. Sad, so sad.

26. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Robben's reputation may have hurt him there as much as anything. His penchant for diving means he doesnt get benefit of any doubt on huge call like that. He was impeded and it was likely a foul but his own antics lead him to not get call.

27. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I am positive that included in Robben's "stretching routines" for his hamstring he does hundreds of Kegel's.

28. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Full time and no goals, what an ugly final. 30 more minutes of this advertisement for why Germany should have been in this final if Mueller had played in the semi.

29. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

And people used to gripe about low scoring games when the the Spurs were winning championships. [​IMG]

30. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Its not that it is low scoring, you can have a great 1 nil match or even nil nil but this one has just been ugly play throughout.