World Record Holder calls Rose Bowl 'filthy'

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by KC-97HORN, Jul 10, 2008.

1. KC-97HORN

KC-97HORN 500+ Posts

and I say, he can just shut his ***** mouth..... [​IMG]

Its the most beautiful place in the world, and she showed me her "goodies", and those were nice too.......

Rose Bowl is Filthy

PASADENA, Calif. (AP) - Jim Purol took a seat at the Rose Bowl, and then another, and then another, until he broke a world record.

The Anaheim man set a Guiness World Record on Wednesday for "Most Seats Sat in 48 Hours" by sitting in 39,250 seats.

He began the task Monday morning, and he's still going, hoping to rest his tush in each of the stadium's 92,542 seats by sometime this week.

The 56-year-old, who already holds several other world records, says he has dreamed of tackling
    the Rose Bowl seats for 20 years - ever since he sat in all 107,501 chairs at the University of Michigan's football stadium.

The feat has taken a toll on his body and his cleanliness, as soot on the seats rubbed off on his clothes. He says he loves the Rose Bowl but calls the place "filthy."

2. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

Some people use their lives to dance in foreign countries. Others sit in empty football stadiums.

3. jmatt

jmatt 1,000+ Posts

Of course it's filthy. It's the off-season. Go into the stands at Memorial or Disch-Falk before the season has started.

The stands are covered in bird poop, dirt, dust, bat poop, dead bugs, and goodness knows what. They just get a good cleaning right before the season.

I'm sure a lot of stadiums are like that. And that guy needs to get a life (but he IS in the Guiness Book, so I guess he has that going for him..).

4. SA_Town_Horn

SA_Town_Horn 500+ Posts

Well, i know my seat is filthy from where I splooged myself after 4th and 5.....

5. BadgerinATX

BadgerinATX 250+ Posts

"The Rose Bowl is filthy" says the man whose hat looks like a lampshade.

6. Alpine

Alpine 100+ Posts

True. He looks like he should be out planting rice or something.

7. swc.lives.on

swc.lives.on 500+ Posts

Getting into a book consisting of dubious human achievement . . . I was thinking he should be doing something else with his life, but I guess it's only two days we're talking about.

I used to live in LA. The patio furniture on the roof of my apartment building was covered with a layer of sticky soot that must have been brown hazy air fallen to earth.

8. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

I went to both the Michigan and USC Rose Bowl and yeah it wasn't very clean or up to date. The restrooms were some of the worst I have seen at football stadiums too.

That said, I have great memories there....

9. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

The Winkler brothers would be proud of that hat. [​IMG]

10. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts