World Track Field Championships

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by FWHORN, Aug 28, 2011.

1. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Trey Hardee starts the Texas gold rush. Marquise Goodwin an Sonja Richards to come later this week. [​IMG]

2. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

I hope Sanya comes through but she's struggled a little lately. Perhaps that's normal after being so dominant for so many years, but she just barely made the final, qualifying in the 8th spot. I would love to see her defend her title but she's going to have to really step it up tomorrow.

3. longhorns06

longhorns06 100+ Posts

Sanya has been battling from Behcet's disease. Some people suspect it might be flaring up again this season, which is going to be a difficult feat to medal while having these flares.

4. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sanya 7th and never a factor.

5. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Marshavet finishes 8th in the 100. Congrats to both Sanya and Marshavet for making their respective finals. Sorry to hear about Sanya's illness flaring up again, but I'm certain she's most concerned about the Olympics next year. She already has a World 400m title so the Olympics is the only major victory she hasn't won yet; hopefully she will be 100% healthy and ready to go by then.

6. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Marquis just missed making the finals: Link

7. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

That stinks for Marquise, looks like he had the length to qualify tied for 11th with two others but missed out because other jumpers had better second jumps. Oh well time to focus on getting to ondon 2012.

8. snow leopard27

snow leopard27 250+ Posts

How about 2 medals in the 1500m for the US; Jenny Simpson takes gold, Matt Centrowitz bronze. When was the last time that happened?