Worried about Maryland...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by gahornphan, Aug 9, 2018.

1. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

What was the spread last year?

2. LonghornCatholic

I thought black shoes were just for home games?

3. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

I think anywhere from 17-20 (2017 spread)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Funny, last night I dreamed about this beautiful blond woman with blue eyes and huge tracks of land. Covered with Deer of course, and her giant breasts were filled with Beer. And she owned a Polaris ATV

Good dream.

• Like Like x 2
  5. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

I don't know. You're probably right.

I get confused with the whole capes, orange pants, and black shoes and socks thing.

• Like Like x 3
  6. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I want to know what you consumed the evening before that wild-*** dream! :beertoast:

7. WorsterMan

They are. Black shoes with storm-trooper whites would look absolutely horrible!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Three Words

Buffalo Wild Wings, right after I finished shopping at Bass Pro Shop

• Like Like x 1
  9. WorsterMan

You are dreaming... this team will not lose to the Terps! :headbang:

• Like Like x 3
  10. weller1

weller1 25+ Posts

Maryland has scheduled a 2:00 press.durkin gone?

11. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Stay tuned...

12. WorsterMan

Suspect so, why else would they call a press conference like this when they could just release a statement if he was "cleared" and re-instated.

Keep us working stiffs updated after the PC.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

The press conference isn't about Durkin, it's about the president & AD saving their asses

• Like Like x 2
  14. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

They should give the coach a break. I'll admit I don't have all the info but the kid died of a hidden heart problem right? These kind of things have happened before so cut the coach and the school some slack. Every year kids almost die from heat stroke. There is a degree of danger playing upper level football not to mention the hits on the field and it's difficult to ascertain what's going on within the player during play. The player has to tap out when he feels his health is in danger. Tell the coach I have to have a "break".

15. baoklhorn

baoklhorn 1,000+ Posts

I want to try to stay humble...but this defense is NOT the same one that took the field in Austin at this game. They will be staring into 11 LOCOMOTIVES ready to drive right into them on every play.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

17. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Agreed. Why aren't we hearing more about the Kansas player? What did they do or not do? Or the player in Maine? As is said, sometimes %*^* happens. The coach isn't a DR, whether the S&C coach really did something wrong here I dunno, but I'm not sure what Durkin did to cause this tragedy.

I disagree with the last part though. A backup trying to earn playing time isn't going to take themself out. That was me a lot. I played in some pretty bad pain sometimes but there was no way I was going to give someone else a chance to take my position.

18. LonghornCatholic

Wasn’t there more going on than the terrible heat stroke incident? Toxic culture was a term thrown out about the program.

19. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

That's understandable I did the same thing. Now that I am older, 58, I am a little wiser in my priorities and coaches need to be understanding.

20. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Yes, there were some general complaints about Court's overall demeanor and ways.

21. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Apparently coaches yelled at players and were “verbally abusive.” Oh the humanity!

I know the ESPN article alleged the coaches verbally tossed obscenities at the players and there was even a report of “verbal belittlement” :yikes:

• Like Like x 1
  22. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

That we know of. But he DID come from a school known for having coaches who knew where the bodies were buried...

23. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

VSIN was discussing it this AM...said it was 17 and that the final of 51-41 was not even close to how poorly Texas played.

They ALSO believed that Herman is just psychotic enough to have not let that result go and that, given the opportunity, he WILL attempt to run the score up.

• Like Like x 2
  24. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

HOWEVER...they won't look quite as horrendous after the mudholding that should take place. THAT could look ugly with the white shoes...but I could live with THAT sort of ugly.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I feel for the family of this young man, and if he was pushed too hard or denied water, those responsible should be dealt with according to the law and by civil court. However, if they are crying because someone talked bad to the kids, then I feel sorry for their program and for all of college sports. The snow flakes are everywhere and they are a bunch of daises for having no balls.

Might as well start playing flag football.

26. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Bill,

Have you been drinking beer with Craig James again?

:beertoast:

• Like Like x 2
  27. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Hey, no one died on my watch. I'm looking at you Craig James.

28. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Are you trying to tell us you aren't watching out for the safety of hookers in Austin?

29. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

For those who missed it, the Maryland president showed up at today's press conference with a Maryland flag bowtie, which was crooked.

Can't wait to see Fenves show up with a Confederate flag bowtie. :texasflag:

• Like Like x 1
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Our AD has the better approach
    (I wonder if they would mind a giant JF?)
    [​IMG]