Worst fast food experience ever

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by brandons87, Apr 18, 2008.

1. brandons87

brandons87 250+ Posts

OK, so I'm out late tonight and I drop by the McDonalds on the way home. Yes I know the food is low quality but I'm hungry and too tired to cook something at home.

Anyways, I pull up and its 11:45 PM at night. This particular McDonalds doesnt close until 2 AM.

There are 2 cars in front of me, and its taking forever to get thru the line. I figure they are short staffed or something. After about 10 minutes I finally get up to the speaker. I wait for 2 minutes. No response. I say HELLO into the speaker. Still no response. Wait another minute, then repeat HELLO a couple more times. By this time all the people who were in front of me are gone and there is a stack of at least 10 cars waiting behind me. So I pull up to the drive thru window. I see a guy sitting at a desk. I wait for a minute, hoping he'll see me. He looks up, sees I'm there, and goes back to his desk.

Most fast food places have a timing detector on each drive thru window that starts beeping when somebody's been at hte window for too long. I can hear the thing beeping, so everybody in the store knows I'm there. Finally, I knock on the window. He ignores me. Then I honk on the horn about 5 times. Still ignoring me. Its obvious by now that he's refusing to take any drive thru orders. There are still 10 cars waiting behind me. They are less patient than I am, they are already screaming into the speaker.

Finally I decided to pull over and park. I waited for awhile to see what hte other cars behind me did. After screaming and yelling profanities into the mic, they started pulling up to the window, one by one and honking at the drive thru windows. The guy back there just ignores all of them. After about 3 cars do this and drive away, people start throwing **** at the windows and trying to pry them open. The guy comes over to lock them and then goes back to the office.

I watched this happen for at least 25 minutes last night. Like I said, the store lights were open and the store doesnt close until 2 AM. The guy just decided to shut down the drive thru for no apparent reason and didnt bother to let the customers know at all.

I got a nice video of it on my cell phone, and I got some good pictures of that SOB's face. I already went to the McDonalds website and left them a nasty hate mail. Tomorrow, I'm going into the store to talk to the general manager, and show him the proof.

I figure McDs lost at least a good 50-100 customers last night because that jackass. I used to work fast food, and there were time we were so short staffed that we could barely fill orders. But if that was the case, we always answered the drive thru speaker and told people that it was going to take awhile. This idiot didnt have the common decency to communicate anything to the drive thru customers at all.

Edit: wrong forum, mods please move to Cactus Cafe

2. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

Three deep breaths.

3. The Muzzler

The Muzzler 100+ Posts

You should have done the following:

1) Park your car
    2) Go Inside
    3) Purchase a coke
    4) Throw it on the douchebag night manager
    5) Demand a refund for the coke you purchased

4. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

5. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

6. LurkerintheDark

LurkerintheDark 250+ Posts

7. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

8. SullHorn

SullHorn 100+ Posts

9. Victorious1

Victorious1 250+ Posts

You call that a bad fast food experience? Try grabbing some Taco Bell on the way out of town and then an hour later getting cramps and having to hold your *** in from exploding for 30 minutes to the next town. And then using a convenience store shitter.

10. You should have called 911 [​IMG]

11. BernOrange

BernOrange 500+ Posts

I almost got shot by a punk *** gang member at a Two Pesos many years ago for making a stupid comment while drunk. What's worse? Not getting served, or getting served?

12. stockjock

stockjock 250+ Posts

With 2-3 fast food restaurants at practically every major intersection in every decent sized city, I can't figure out why you just didn't go to another one after the guy first ignored you. [​IMG]

13. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

Sounds like a perfect time to start a food riot.

14. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

The dude did you a favor.

15. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

16. Red Five

Red Five 500+ Posts

That story reminded me of something Costanza would have done.

17. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Hate to belabor the obvious, but it is called fast food for a reason.
    First of all, I never go to McDonalds, but I will go as low as Sonic. If they aren't out with the mustard burger and watermelon slush within four or five minutes, they usually come out with a coupon for a free burger next time, and if it is any longer, I leave, like I did about a week ago. Screw that, I don't go there because I want a leisurely meal with strolling violinists and Captain Frufru reciting the chardonnay list, I want to get something fast.
    Can't believe you didn't leave after one minute of being ignored.

18. OrangeChipper

OrangeChipper 1,000+ Posts

I think I am king to bad fast-food experiences.

#1. Went to Pizza Hut for a Pzone when the wife was preggers and was wanting one. Had to wait 1.5 hours.

#2. There is a DQ towards lake jackson that NEVER had any Ice Cream each time I went. After 3 times, we stopped going.

#3. I always seem to be THAT guy in line right before they run out of the item I want. --- Like in Summer Rental where John Candy doesn't get the lobster they were wanting. How the hell can Wendy's run out of Baked Potato's???

#4. I hate Whataburger - Seriously. They serve a friggin honey bbq chicken sandwich, yet whenever I ask for BBQ sauce, they tell me they don't have any? WTF??? I guess they have no fancy ketchup for fries either??

#5. Just last week was at a sonic and must've picked the ONE with a broken speaker. I had to flag someone down and order in person... the employee said that they didn't think a 'out of order' would be put on the lane. ???

19. Red Five

Red Five 500+ Posts

20. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

Boy, I sure get steamed just thinking about that McDonald's story. Steamed I tell ya!

21. LonghornLayla

LonghornLayla 25+ Posts

I agree with most everyone else. You should have left after a minute of seeing this guy ignore you, then come back the next day to get him fired. Besides, you said you were hungry, why did you wait to feed yourself for an extra 30 minutes?

22. TornACL

TornACL 250+ Posts

23. 007 373 5963

007 373 5963 100+ Posts

24. OrangeChipper

OrangeChipper 1,000+ Posts

One other story.

I once called Domino's and they ran OUT of Deep-dish pizza's.

WHAT? How can a store that only sells one thing run out?

I worked at a Bank, and ONCE we actually ran low on money. Only because of the 'Rita" hurricane scare.

Was there some kind of RUN on pizza's I was unaware of?

What happens is you have these short-sighted managers that don't pay any attention to their stocks.

25. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay 500+ Posts

I once went to Burger King to get myself a Whopper and they told me it had been discontinued. [​IMG]

26. drunkfan#1

drunkfan#1 100+ Posts

The deep dish crusts are a pain in the *** to make. It's a process that takes over a day. Additionally they take up ton of space in the cooler, so only a limited number of each size are made every day. At Mr.Gattis we ran out of them on a daily basis.

My worst fast food experience was a drive thru at a Jack in the Box. They forgot a ton of what I ordered, but when I went back through the manager basically told me to just go f**k myself. Like I was lying to get some ****** tacos?

27. brntorng

brntorng 2,500+ Posts

Went to Burger King once and ordered a "plain bacon cheeseburger" for my daughter. Got a bun and a burger, that's all.

28. Officer_Cartman

Officer_Cartman 100+ Posts

I worked at Jack-in-the-Box for a couple months in high school, so I've got a few stories from the other side.

I was there one time when we had to close before the normal time, and people in line flipped out even though we explained what was going on. So it doesn't really help.

You wouldn't believe how furious people get sometimes when we run out of something. Screaming at me won't make the small cups magically appear.

One guy wanted to actually fight me after ordering something not on the menu, and after refusing suggestions of something similar, came to the window, saw I wasn't small or old, and sped off.

One lady held up the drive-thru for 10 minutes while we checked to see if the shakes had real fruit in them. Don't come to Jack-in-the-Box if you're concerned about eating right!!!

And PLEASE order everything at the microphone, even water. You just hold up the line if you ask at the window.

p.s. if you get two tacos, and pay with $100, you are a jackass.

29. DallasHorn

DallasHorn 100+ Posts

Rule #1: Go to Whataburger, never go to McDonald's, it tastes like crap.

30. brandons87

brandons87 250+ Posts

Update:

Went to the store today and I was in luck. Not only was the general manager there, but the OWNER of the franchise (he owns 15 stores) was there on a routine visit. He comes by his stores about once a month and today happened to be that day.

So I sat down with both of them and explained the situation. They were both pissed. They said they needed to verify my info with their security cam, so they took me back to the office and let me watch the video tapes with them. Just like I said, you can see the guy sitting in the office and ignoring all the people coming thru the drive thru. The video got even funnier as time went on. One guy came thru and briefly pried open the drive thru window and poured a 2 liter bottle of Coke all over the floor. Another guy stood at the window berating and cursing at the guy for like 10 minutes. The funniest part was you could see people in the background keying the dude's car! There was only one car in the lot so the drive thru people figured it was his and got some nasty scrapes in.

They ran an audit on all their cash registers, and found that were zero orders registered between 11:45 PM and 2 AM (closing). The owner said they usually average twenty customers per hour during those times, so he figures they lost about 50 customers.

After all this, the owner is obviously pissed. He didnt even let the manager fire the dude, he handled it personally. Called the dude up and left a voice message saying that he was fired.

SO f**k YOU MR. MCDONALDS GUY!