Worst Letter to the Editor EVER

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Jive_Turkey, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

This is real. This was printed in the DMN Sunday Sports Day. It's obviously from some clueless Sooner. Here is how it reads:

2. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

[​IMG]

Watch out, that one dude from the Granger thread on here a while back will be here soon to tell you how awful it would be to be cold and too poor to be able to afford a coat. [​IMG]

3. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

Having a friend who was at Texas and now LSU, I can testify that players and coaches get mountains of clothing at major universities. Shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, coats, windsuits, shoes, hats, you name it.

Granger stole the coat because he liked it, not because he needed it. [​IMG]

4. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

The writer is a graduate of TCU. He's President and CEO of a company that helps "student-athletes find the best opportunities at the collegiate level."

The Link

5. 4th&5

4th&5 1,000+ Posts

I searched the DMN site and didn't find it. You got a link?

6. DallasOrangebld

DallasOrangebld 25+ Posts

...because Glendale Arizona is known for its wonderful selection of winter coats...

7. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

The entire State of Oklahoma is convinced that the NCAA keeping its athletes from being criminals, even remotely, is......criminal.

This surprises me not at all.

8. ATX_HORN

ATX_HORN 25+ Posts

...because Glendale Arizona is known for its wonderful selection of winter coats...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL!!! [​IMG]

9. PacSER

PacSER 500+ Posts

His goodie bag from the Fiesta Bowl wasn't exactly cheap..

10. ilsa

ilsa 100+ Posts

If it's the same guy then yeah I've heard him on the radio before, usually trying to plug his service or whatever it is. Not sure if he is affiliated with one school or another.

11. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

I read it in my print copy of the paper this morning, and my mouth dropped open. I considered writing a response to it, but then decided that anyone who really felt that way could not be persuaded by mere logic anyway.

HornHuskerDad [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. L.A.Longhorn

L.A.Longhorn 250+ Posts

What a poor soul. I bet they caught him sneaking that coat out under a much smaller coat given to him by ou. If only ou could afford to give players bigger coats so their players could never get caught shoplifting coats from Burlington Coat Factory. Everyone needs to ban together to force the NCAA to pay for anything athletes want so they don't feel the urge to steal or do anything unlawful.

Hookers, drugs, and Burlington Coats for all!

Can you imagine telling people you were arrested for shoplifting...at Burlington Coat Factory. Try ever living that down.

13. marley

marley 500+ Posts

They've used that and other gomer logic as an excuse to cheat for decades now. They will never get it. A death penalty for that pathetic program might wake them up. That's the ONLY thing that will.

14. PeeJay

PeeJay 100+ Posts

I get so tired of hearing how those athletes on scholarship are so friggin poor. There is nothing which says they have to go to college and play football. They could go to work instead of going to college. Or, they could go to college, get a part-time job and take out student loans and be able to live comfortably, but not play sports.

No body forces them to play college sports. If it is too tough financially don't do it.

15. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

Interesting service (as such) this guy runs. Anyone have any insight as to how successful it is?

One has to wonder if the guy is simply trolling for business by writing stuff like this in print.

16. Bill_McNeal

Bill_McNeal 250+ Posts

How bad can the letter be when it doesn't even mention the Trilateral Commission or Ron Paul?

To say nothing of a desperate Nigerian prince trying to get his hard-earned money out of the country?

17. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

In all fairness, that coat was probably worth more than his education.

18. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

What Bookman said!

19. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

It is crazy the amount of clothes athletes receive from their schools.

Perhaps Granger should have saved up his stipend to buy that coat.

20. starchild

starchild 500+ Posts

isn't JUSTIFICATION OF IMPROPRIETIES 301 a class at ou?

21. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

OU has an entire department educating students in how to write apologies for athletes' misdeeds, and is nationally renowned for their success in creative excuse formulation.

22. YearOfTheSteer

YearOfTheSteer 500+ Posts

23. ImBobbo

ImBobbo < 25 Posts

If only Bomar and Quinn hadn't exposed Big Red Sports and Imports... Then OU's players would all have hard-working, honest paying jobs.

24. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Bookman said it, I believe it, and that settles it!

25. HornsInTheHouse

HornsInTheHouse 500+ Posts

26. TexLaw04

TexLaw04 500+ Posts

27. S197HQQKEM

S197HQQKEM 500+ Posts

thug? this guy ain't a thug, thugs whack old ladies in the head and break kneecaps of deadbeats, this guy dosen't deserve the exalted thug status, he's more a little jr-high school girl shoplifter for thrills type, a gayasspunk weenie type.

28. shorty

shorty 250+ Posts

He is implying parent's cannot buy their son a coat too. I am sure Mrs. Granger would and could get her son a coat if he need it. Like y'all said, they have access to team parkas and I doubt there were really cool coats at the Burlington Coat Factory in Glendale.

The man should be embarrassed his letter to the editor appeared in print.

29. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

30. Surfin_Horn

Surfin_Horn Guest

That's stupid, there are lots of clothing items the player coaches get with team logos on them.