Worst rental car you've ever had?

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by crayon1973, Oct 11, 2007.

1. crayon1973

crayon1973 500+ Posts

I've had plenty, but THIS was the winner. I had it all day yesterday. A Chevy Aveo with manual windows, no tape deck or cd player, and fire engine red. Awesome.

[​IMG]

2. EuroHorn

EuroHorn 2,500+ Posts

How many clowns came with it?

3. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

holy **** that is funny. good thing you opted for the 4-door version.

4. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

Where did you put the dress?

5. Horneius_Maximus

Horneius_Maximus 250+ Posts

6. TexasHooch

TexasHooch 100+ Posts

The Ford Festiva. Looks about the same.

[​IMG]

7. lowery21

lowery21 250+ Posts

Wow what a whistling ****-can.

8. Sii

Sii 1,000+ Posts

Geo Metro

[​IMG]

9. Spankytoes

Spankytoes 100+ Posts

I had the same Aveo except blue. That magnified rear view mirror is horrid!

10. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

The PT Cruiser I had a couple of weeks back wasn't all that hot.

11. Lonestarman

Lonestarman 100+ Posts

Damn that's funny. Don't you have red hair? Must've been quite a site seeing you get out of that.

12. kangsta

kangsta 500+ Posts

[​IMG]

The Picaso, made by who the eff knows.

Got it in Ireland. My brother and I had a Land Rover Discovery reserved, but it turns out that in Ireland you have to be 30 years old to rent a car with more than 25 horsepower.

I **** you not, we couldnt get the LR because my brother was 29. He was livid, especially bc he's like triple super platinum with Hertz.

13. GakFoo

GakFoo 500+ Posts

probably the mustang we rented while in florida for the ucf game.

nothing wrong with the mustang per se. we flew into tampa to hang for a couple days before driving to orlando for the game. parked at our friend's place, left the top down because it was clear and beautiful.

it rained cats and dogs for about two hours while we were downtown having dinner. forgot about the car back at the house.

cupholders filled to the top with water, inches of water on the floors we had to bail out with big plastic cups. the cloth seats squished the whole weekend and it started to stink too.

14. DCA_HORN

DCA_HORN 500+ Posts

Out in Cali for the NC Rose Bowl my buddy and I had the pleasure of renting a convertible PT Cruiser. We pimped all the way to Vegas the next day. [​IMG]

15. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

I also once pimped a Lincon Town Car around DC for a week.

16. MizzouSnives

MizzouSnives 500+ Posts

i got a red dodge stratus in tulsa oklahoma b/c my accord died on my way to a job interview.

i got my one and only ticket ever in that POS. red car + talking to mechanic + construction zone = mizzousnives getting ******.

17. Tejano@UT

Tejano@UT 250+ Posts

Man, I was on north Lamar near Airport earlier this evening and passed a Red Aveo. Thing looks like a Lil Tykes play car.

18. tex-horn

tex-horn 100+ Posts

Don't know about the worst per say, but my best was an H2 I rented in Vegas. Ballin'.

19. whickums

whickums 250+ Posts

A baby blue Chrysler Town & Country. I booked a compact car from Enterprise and they stuck me with that giant bus POS because with all the rain in Austin everyone had wrecked their cars and had been given the non-****** rentals.

20. El_Oso

El_Oso 500+ Posts

pregnant roller skate

21. S197HQQKEM

S197HQQKEM 500+ Posts

White Toyauto Crappy, uh Camry.

a total piece of ****, the center console impinged on my right leg and made it very uncomfortable to drive and when I was driving around in Arlington by UTA, I was behind a woman in an ancient early 70's Impala and she slammed on her brakes when I looked off to change lanes and when I looked back she was stopped and I slammed on the "brakes" in the Crappy and they didn't stop me because the so called safety feature ABS brakes didn't let me lock up the brakes and stop the damn car and I ran into the back of the Chevy at about 15 mph and the Crappy's airbags popped and It's front end folded up like a cheap suit, the Crappy was totaled and undriveable and the Impala didn't have a scratch on it. No dents, no dings, no scratches on the Impala's bumper even. Camry's suck ***.

22. kangsta

kangsta 500+ Posts

23. VoodooChi|d

VoodooChi|d 500+ Posts

That picture is right across the street from Murchison Middle School on Far West... where I went...

24. EuroHorn

EuroHorn 2,500+ Posts

I had a long-term rental once. I think it was a Dodge Stratus without power windows. Everytime I would get home, my natural instinct was to reach down to the side of the door to roll down the window. My car had power windows.

25. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

Ford Aspire and that was WAY worse than a ******* Aveo.

[​IMG]

"Ford Aspire. It aspires to be a real car."

26. LordHornAustin

LordHornAustin 100+ Posts

LadyHorn and I went to the Florida Keys this year and reserved a convertible without specification of which type. The guy behind the counter was a total douche, service was awful, so we were a bit nervous in finding out what car we would get. We then got excited when he said just go to the row of convertibles and pick which one you want.

We got to pick between the WHITE PT Cruiser convertible and the BLUE PT Cruiser convertible.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

27. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

I had a bright yellow Chevy Cobalt when I went out to the Rose Bowl game against USC. Drove that sumbitch from San Diego to Portland.

28. Mrmyke709

Mrmyke709 1,000+ Posts

While it wasn't bad per se, I was upgraded to a Chrysler Sebring convertible.
    It was Winter in Albuquerque, so the guys at Alamo gave it to me so someone would drive it.
    I thought I was driving in style till I hit the Taos Gorge area. There was a Falling Rock Zone for 15 miles. I kept waiting for a boulder to come smashing through the cloth roof and bashing my skull in.

[​IMG]

29. BillyW

BillyW 500+ Posts

The worst one I ever had would take me two hours to type the story but the next to worse was in New Orleans. They gave me a bright candy apple red Malibu. I was the first one to drive it. I had to drive through the heart of the ghetto in it and the horn started honking and just stuck.
    White boy driving through the hood in a new red car with the horn going off. Yeah, I just blended right in.

30. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

I got a friend who works at Enterprise, so the only two cars I've rented were a GMC Yukon and a Cadillac CTS. I will be going out of town next week and using his discount to get me something comparable.

[​IMG]