Worthy transfer to USC??

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LHABSOB, Nov 16, 2022.

1. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

You know this Poms or speculating?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

can't you see it on the field? His body language?
    I have been calling him a prima Donna since last season.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Actually I have thought that myself on occasion but wondered if you knew something from inside the locker room.

4. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Chances of Arch starting next year extremely low. Chances Worthy, barring injury, being back for a 4th year in '24 probably lower.

5. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

many have been overthrown. I do believe they were errant throws cause I believe worthy was running hard. And there was errant throws to others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

"Errant throws" - I'll reserve comment on that assertion until I see him make an effort to get to the ball, which he has not done.

Do you know if these are reads at the line or spot throws. If the latter, make sure everyone knows where the spot is.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
  7. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

The majority of QEs long throws have been overthrown. If it was a spot pass than worthy was off. I dont know. I do know that many of the across the middle throws have been overthrown also. Qes passes tend to float on him. I dont know if worthty is a malcontent but he does exhibit an attitude on the field. However if I had his talent and was continually overthrown after running the route I would become frustrated also. Players want to showcase their talent. You cant if the QB is not on base with you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

oh I definitely believe that QE and worthy are both at fault.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

If this is true. And a starter bolts to USC, I just might be done.
    I did it with the NFL and I’m not protesting,, but I’ll find other ways to fill my Saturdays just like I did with the NFL..
    And I do not miss the NFL.

And yes, I know my departure means absolutely nothing. But when this portal BS started- I had a feeling it would change the game and it’s just not the same.
    What’s next? Ewers transfers to OU, Achane transfers to UT?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  10. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Well, I wouldn't mind this at all. I think Achane is a stud!

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

I think Worthy and Bijan are over-rated. Worthy is too small/light. Bijan never gets the tough yards when necessary to sustain drives. He also gets caught from behind on breakaway runs. Bijan does have a much better attitude than Worthy,

• WTF? WTF? x 4
    • poop poop x 2
  12. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Blasphemy

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I've seen multiple instances just this season that contradict this assertion.

• Agree Agree x 12
  14. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

I've been thinking the same thing. There have been a number of throws this year that have been long, but when you see the replay it doesn't seem as though he's at full speed moving to the ball. Almost like he gave up a little early...then the ball lands a couple of yards from him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Dude, (I like to say dude because it makes me seem MUCH younger than I really am).

Seriously, we must have different goggles watching Bijan run AND he has a great attitude if you see him pre and post game!?

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  16. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

What is the NFL?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  17. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

He would look a lot better to pro scouts if he hustled and really tried hard to make the catch on imperfect throws.

He’s got the talent. Not sure about the desire/ “want to.”

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

This is what's confusing to me about Worthy... I'm noticing the same thing many of you are; yet Sark has said several times this season that XW works harder than anyone – he's "the 1st one on the practice field and the last one off" (or words to that effect).

He's either a still under developed receiver or a Hungarian who spells "Team" with an “I”: "Tím."

19. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

A day after this post and no where have any of the big insider writers written about this. It may be true but more likely its just another one of those foolish rumors that pops up late in a year to get fans to click on sites.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Me too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Whittington and Sanders have been our best "wide receivers" all year.
    Use Worthys speed and name /attention to clear out defenders and get them the freaking ball more.....and Keilan and Bijan and RJ.
    And quit wasting key downs chunking deep to Worthy. We aren't good enough to waste any downs and I recall hitting like <10% going back and inciuding last year even. Ill say again... it hasn't been just Ewers missing him. Card/Thompson/Ewers all have. I wonder if Sark has tried throwing him any balls???

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  22. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

This.

• Like Like x 2
  23. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Rain,

I have Leach's number if you want to call and see if we can borrow one of his tennis ball guns. I don't think giving him a free week in Starkville will work.

As I understand it, our men's and women's tennis teams are pretty good; let's just borrow one of theirs.

24. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Worthy, Meh.

You must have a vision problem when it comes to Bijan. Or maybe you're simply flaming. Can't tell which from your post. But your comment regarding Bijan is laughable. He is either first or second in the nation on yards gained after contact. FYI, that is the definition of getting tough yards.

He seldom gets caught on breakaway runs. Does he have Jamal Charles speed? No, No one but Jamal has Jamal speed.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Marcus Allen
    NFL Hall of Fame Running Back
    4.7 speed with the wind at his back

• Like Like x 1
  26. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo 250+ Posts

Worthy has a problem. Not his fault. The problem is that he weighs 163 lbs. He gives up probably at least 20-25 lbs minimum against every DB he goes up against. He hasn't the physical height or strength to fight for a ball. When he is double covered he is dead unless the ball is thrown perfectly. Saturday balls that were thrown inside, no way was he able to physically exert enough strength to move the db out of the way to get to the ball. I think he is fighter and props to him for being out there.

• Like Like x 4
    • Hot Hot x 1
  27. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

Worthy is speed demon and gifted athlete, but he is like a point guard in the paint. He's easily bodied off his route and off the ball by DBs. While they are different receivers, Jordan Whittington, by comparison, is 6'1" and 200 lbs and regularly beats DBs and LBs to the ball.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  28. Gylcomer

Gylcomer 500+ Posts

29. Gylcomer

Gylcomer 500+ Posts

The NFL died and now college football is bring destroyed by money. There’s way too much money involved for college football not to be controlled by the TV revenue, gambling and now NIL. Go to your high school games to enjoy the pure sport of football.

• Like Like x 1
  30. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Gyl,

I hate to bust your bubble, but illegal recruiting has been alive and well in HS football at least since the 30s. See last year's Oak Cliff team for one of the most recent examples.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1