Would you go to Mexico City...

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by TXHookem, Feb 24, 2008.

1. TXHookem

TXHookem 1,000+ Posts

...with a five month old for a long weekend? We're thinking of doing a trial run before we fly down to BsAs and I like the idea of going to Mexico City - it's been a wihle.

Yes, I've thought of Florida, etc. I'm curious about Mexico City.

Oh yeah... and it would probably be at the Four Seasons since they have a great weekend rate!

2. TXHookem

TXHookem 1,000+ Posts

ah... never mind. I think we're doing to go to Huatulco, instead.

3. Mack Tripper

Mack Tripper 500+ Posts

Oaxaca City is also a good trip.

4. pulque

pulque 1,000+ Posts

If you've never been to Mexico City or missed the important sites there, then go. But, there are many much better places to visit in Mexico.

5. iamtigerwoods

iamtigerwoods 500+ Posts

I would not go anywhere out of town with a 5-month old, if I did not have to. Just not worth it, as the 5-month old will get nothing out of it, except time away from their routine and 2 frustrated parents who can not go do/see what they want to when they want to..

6. LonghornLawyer

LonghornLawyer 500+ Posts

I would be very concerned about the pollution in Mexico City with such young lungs. I know it would be only for a short time, but still . . . .

7. Nuclear Bear

Nuclear Bear 1,000+ Posts

I went to Mexico City exactly 4 years ago and had an absolute blasts.

Pretty amazing city. reminds me a lot of Los Angeles.

Nice Weather, Palm trees, Mountains, smog, not a lot of tall buildings.

8. TXHookem

TXHookem 1,000+ Posts

Our baby is pretty adaptable and, while on a routine, he's good at flexing. Not all babies are the same. We did decide to do Huatulco instead of Mexico City - just an easier pace. Besides, we can always do Mexico City. Such a cool city.

9. TXHookem

TXHookem 1,000+ Posts

The trip to Huatulco went off without a hitch. Our 5 1/2 month old traveled really well... no issues with his ears, slept well, ate well. So pleased with how it went. We would recommend the Las Brisas in Huatulco, as well - be sure to get a suite with a terrace - worth the extra $. Also, realize that your idea of a "baby crib" (or cuna) is probably very different than their idea of a baby crib.

10. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts