Would You Hire This Guy?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BurntOrangeLH, Jan 2, 2020.

1. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Tim Beck's Résumé is pretty impressive.

Having Coached in DFW and at Saguaro in AZ gets him in some pretty attractive football talent doors.

NC State officially announces Tim Beck as Offensive Coordinator

It will be interesting in 5 to 10 years when someone writes the stories about Tom Herman's original staff and their ensuing successes elsewhere.

2. Galvestonhorn

Galvestonhorn 250+ Posts

It will be an afterthought in a couple of years when Texas is on top and nobody will care.

3. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Would You Hire This Guy?

Well, to answer the question, the short answer is "No"

The long answer is "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

I think it is a pretty impressive résumé and one we will struggle to replace in AZ connections. Oh, and he is in the top 5 recruiters in the B12 this year.

Ehlinger was certainly effusive in his praise of what Beck has done to elevate his game. And to Beck's credit, he stayed and helped Texas win the Alamo Bowl.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Time will tell if this offensive anemia was Tom Herman's or Tim Beck's.

I think it was collective effort.

As a play caller, I never thought Tim Beck was remotely imaginative.

However, to start this year off, we were rolling.

But we have never seemed to be able to adjust to a defense that had our number. Regardless of who was calling plays.

Not sure when Tom Herman started calling the plays. and if we were in the upswing or downswing at that time. Not sure it matters. Tom Herman felt he had to take the reigns from TB for better or worse.
    Maybe TB will thrive if he's not around TH which would not bode well for the new guy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Ok Shilala That disclaimer is brilliant.
    I am sure that won't stop you in the future will it?:hookem::smile1::hookem:

• Like Like x 2
  7. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Bingo! We have a winner!

8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I want to know who the genius is that rolled Sam right, and had our three best receivers all within five feet of each other in the end zone Tuesday night in the first quarter.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020