wow ricky williams?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by weller1, Jan 18, 2017.

1. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

that's a good way to get shot. I hope the officers explained he had trespassed!

You don't access private property without permission. PERIOD.

2. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

Targeting a certain group of folks is one thing, but I hope people don't believe that police who have a reasonable suspicion that someone is armed can't do a basic search of their person to protect themselves and the public.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  3. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

Well, it is central Austin, so things are a little different. Had he kicked in my back door or something, there would have been a meeting of the minds.

4. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Ha! That was my exact thoughts after seeing the story. Regardless of color, he was likely out either getting high or trying to get high. Either way, I see nothing wrong with the police following up to a suspicious person and they appeared to handle it correctly. They had every right to stop and frisk him for the public's safety and their own.

5. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

As bad as Vidor, no...but having lived in East Texas and having had clients who grew up in and continue to live in Tyler, there is a strong history of 'the other side of the tracks' and 'knowing your place.' The clients who have spoken of that law enforcement attitude have been of both black and white races...

• Like Like x 1
  6. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

at least there is no indication that they found evidence of THAT in his pockets or an aroma about his person...but yeah, that was my first suspicion as well.

7. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

Folks just walk through your yard?

I thought that's why city folk pay big bucks have sidewalks; so I don't have to walk in your yard, and it defines what's allowable and what needs your permission ...

never mind the BACK yard and jumping a fence to access it!

Ricky ... good grief, son. Be smarter than THAT.

8. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Im also told people raid each other's yards for pecans or something. #AustinProblems

• Like Like x 1
  9. dang-str8

dang-str8 1,000+ Posts

Black is not the issue here regardless of how Ricky plays it. He is a weird dude. He acts suspiciously on a regular basis. I've been around him several times in social settings and he's just awkward and does unusual things. But that's just who he is... many people are a little odd. The cops were called rightfully, in my opinion, and the situation was resolved exactly as it should have regardless of the suspects race. It's weird that he went walking around in such a random place, but it's not surprising... I once saw him start to dust the blinds at a bar when people were just around him drinking and talking... not to be clean, but seemed like to avoid eye contact with people. It was just strange.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I heard parts of his interview and it did strike me as odd to be hopping fences. That's something I would never do in a situation like that.

11. Galvestonhorn

Galvestonhorn 250+ Posts

Yes, I know that people in River Oaks and West University in Houston, Higland Park in Dallas and neighborhoods in West Austin don't have those same historical red neck traits like those in E. Texas.

12. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

No, I meant people are pretty laid back in that neighborhood and seem to tolerate 'weird' things a lot more. I don't think anyone would shoot someone for hopping the fence, but they would definitely shoot that person if they started kicking their yorkie .

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

Luckily our pecan trees were in the backyard. Truth be told, I hadn't heard of that type of activity, but I'd regularly see people gathering them up around trees on commercial property.

How many days until football?

• Like Like x 1
  14. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

From what I understood, he was in a wooded buffer zone between the hotel and the citizens back yard. He did not jump a fence into the persons yard. He climbed over a fence into a church parking lot.

15. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

I may have mashed two incidents together ... of Hoop's "central Austin" life and of Ricky in Tyler ...

I spend a significant amount of time in hotels across the country. I avoid "oddball" places for a myriad of reasons, not the least of which is to avoid getting the cops called on me. That's not as much fun as it used to be.

Ricky could be wiser, too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Over blown, nothing to see here.

This is a very common incident. Heck, I'm posting this from Dion's backyard right now. :yes:

• Like Like x 4
  17. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

Did you climb over his fence? LOL.

• Like Like x 2
  18. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

yep!

• Like Like x 2