Wow. understandable, but Wow

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by TomTerrific, Jan 28, 2008.

1. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

2. that is low class. that's like Colorado against us.

3. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

I am sure that in their minds that their players aren't really black and a sign with a watermelon on it probably would be cool with them.

4. JJxvi

JJxvi 100+ Posts

That watermelon comment has nothing to do with race.

5. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

I read a little more over there and you are right.

It would still be a horrible mistake for anyone to make such a sign and have the entire country see it.

Make sure your disclaimer font is big enough to be seen on television so your recruits don't make the same mistake I did.

6. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

Classless. Going after college athletes like that is pathetic, not to mention that there's a group of Aggies that do this for every A&M home game. I hope I never see a thread like that on HornFans.

[Gundy]Makes me wanna puke.[/Gundy]

7. JJxvi

JJxvi 100+ Posts

Thats not really an A&M thing as much as it is a college basketball thing...Cheer Sheets and Dirt Lists and such are fairly common in most student sections in basketball arenas.

8. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

I understand, and am amused by the creativity that some of the students come up with for each game.....

I realize now that this was about what Rick had said in a press conference, but I still submit that whomever is considering making up such a sign be cognizant of the fact that 99% of the people watching won't get it, like I didn't.

I am all for the opponent's fans getting on our players, I expect it.

I just believe that this would be a monumental mistake.

9. LightTheTower

LightTheTower 100+ Posts

Gotta agree with aggy ( [​IMG] ) Cameron crazies have been doing it for years.

Regarding the texags thread, the watermelon reference is certainly not a racial thing, however the insistence that some guy has heard third-hand that DJ's choice of schools was bought and paid for is just absolutely laughable. SOS that's trotted out every time a recruit makes the correct decision and picks UT over aggy.

We didn't lose, we ran out of time.
    An aggy never lies, cheats, or steals.
    If a player chooses UT over us, they must have been paid.

Sometime I wish I had the myopic, delusional views of an aggy, but then that damn logic and objectivity keep getting in the way.

10. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts