WR Reggie Hemphill-Mapps (Jul 27, 2013)(Oct 4, 2014 COMMIT)

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Godz40acres, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]

:hookem::hookem::hookem::hookem:-horn wide receiver Reggie Hemphill-Mapps from Manvel High School (Manvel, TX) committed to the good guys on Oct 4, 2014. The lanky receiver is a highly regarded prospect due to his consistency and understanding of the position. Recruiting services list him as 6'0, 6'1 and 6'2 and weighing from 170-175lbs.

There is a chance he could be an early 2016 enrollee which would allow him some much needed MOORERTIME.
    [​IMG]
    Jr Season

Sr Season

He is a glider on the field with deceptive speed and while he shouldn’t be considered a crisp route runner, he shows good awareness in openings on the field and use of comebacks on deep routes in scramble situations.

Little excess movement allows him to be efficient with his routes and shows calmness needed to be a steady receiver at any level when the ball is in his hands or in the air. He has the ability to be a catch-and-run receiver as well as run-and-catch receiver, forcing defensive backs to respect both the short and vertical routes. [Per 247Sports]

As compared to [UT commit] Collin Johnson, Hemphill is more of an all-around athlete who also takes snaps at QB for Manvel. His speed and elite quickness should provide an excellent complement to Johnson's ball skills, size, physicality, and blocking abilities. [Per BON]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  2. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

At The Opening (3-15-15)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  3. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Per Scout:
    • Very aggressive
    • High vertical ability
    • Sure hands
    • Gets good separation
    • Makes people miss in the open field

• Like Like x 1
  4. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Per HD:
    Wide receiver Reggie Hemphill... says he's enjoyed getting to know his future teammates, mentioning that he group messages with quarterback Shane Buechele, running back Demarco Boyd, and receiver Collin Johnson.

"I’m graduating early, so when I get there, they can tell me what my role is and I can just work on it from there," he said.

Throughout the recruiting process, Hemphill says he has grown close to running backs coach Tommie Robinson.
    This means that all 4 of our current commits plan to enroll early now - Boyd, Buechele, Hemphill-Mapps, and Johnson!

• Like Like x 1
  5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  6. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

- - - - - - - - - -

When you think about smooth route-runners in this class, he needs to be one of the first names mentioned.

Hemphill-Mapps should be banned from 7-on-7 tournaments because it’s simply unfair to the defensive back he’s usually facing in 1-on-1 situations. He’s too crisp, too precise, too fast, and too sure-handed.

All of those are reasons why Charlie Strong and his staff made Hemphill-Mapps a top priority once they figured out the type of player he was upon taking over in Austin.

Hemphill-Mapps, the No. 105 player in the country, is part of an outstanding 2016 wide receiver haul for the Longhorns that also includes fellow four-stars Collin Johnson, the No. 82 player overall, and Tren’Davian Dickson, the No. 32 player in the country.

Combine those three with the commitment of four-star quarterback Shane Buechele, the No. 1 QB in Texas for his class, and the Longhorns are off to a solid start offensively in 2016.
    [Full HD article]

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I thought he was EE.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

As far as I know, our EEs are Buechele, Johnson, Boyd and Roach.
    Possibly Reese.

Reggie decided he wanted to run track.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

11. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

New vid published 2day.

12. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Per BON:
    Hemphill-Mapps was one of eight (eight!) wide receivers named to District 22-6A's all-district first team.

Senior Season

13. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

• Like Like x 1