WR Stephen Sullivan (Nov 4)

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Godz40acres, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]
    Stephen Sullivan ..... Donaldsonville (Donaldsonville, LA)
    4-star ..... WR ..... 6-5/230 ..... LSU​

Once committed to LSU, Sullivan decommed in August and began favoring TCU among his many offers. He recommitted to the Tigers on December 26.

Per Horns247:
    The 6-foot-5, 230-pounder out of Donaldsonville (La.) is ranked among the country’s top wide receivers, but also has the frame to be an elite receiving tight end at the next level. A four-star prospect, Sullivan is ranked as the No. 18 wide receiver in the nation and No. 8 overall prospect in the state of Louisiana, according to 247Sports Composite.

Per Scout:
    In the summer of 2014, I was down at the IMG Nationals in Bradenton, Fla. I remember watching The Bootleggers. They are typically like a Louisiana All-Star team for 7v7. I walked right up to their coach, who I have known for some time, and asked him who the long defensive end was warming up. He laughed and said that’s wide receiver Stephen Sullivan. That’s how they grow them in Bayou State.

[At The Opening Finals this year,] we were awed by the sheer size (6-5/230) of this wide receiver. He runs so much better than I remember. And he’s thicker. Like I said, this kid looks like a defensive end playing wide receiver.

Sullivan doesn’t fight the ball and shows terrific hands. He looks like a power forward playing the position. He’s so long and so strong. Sullivan has terrific hand-eye coordination and excels in the air, using his size, length and body control to his advantage. He has all the makings of a top-flight NFL draft pick.

Sullivan is going to make it tough on corners due to his size alone. He towers over many that try to cover him making him elite when it comes to jump-ball situations. His speed is solid down the field, but he needs to improve his quickness off the line of scrimmage and in/out of his cuts. [He has] better than average athleticism for his position and has shown the ability to adjust to the ball well.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016