WR Tren'Davian Dickson

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Godz40acres, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Hook 'Em!

I mean, Hook 'Em?

• Like Like x 1
  2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Seems like he is playing it smart. I have no doubts that Strong has it under control. Plus, he seems like a Strong supporter.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 1leggedduck

1leggedduck 1,000+ Posts

He's smart to consider the stability of the coaching staff. If you consider Stoops and Sumlin as Charlie Strong's competition, I would be willing to wager Strong is at Texas longer than Sumlin is at aggie, and probably longer than Stoops is at OU, given Stoops' age and that program's slow slide. We are 2 seasons into our rebuild, and only a few honest OU fans are acknowledging they are headed for a rebuild in the future. Oh, and Texas rules. Come to Austin and live the life, Tren'Davian.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Now with Baylor

5. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Apparently decommitting and going back to Baylor commit.

6. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

To me this (decommits and the failure to have even one top 20 recruit in Texas- per Chip Brown this morning) is the leading indicator of whether Charlie returns or not. That and wins. Ok, so that is obvious but if this recruiting list doesn't pick up dramatically at some point then I would think the snowball is off and running down the hill. The negative momentum will be too much to overcome.

7. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Well, last year Charlie couldn't recruit either.
    Until a fast and furious finish put his class in the top 10.
    I'll wait and see what happens.
    And Dickson can flip flop right on back to Baylor.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  9. beer_dog

beer_dog 100+ Posts

I will admit that losing a commit to an instate rival hurts, but I will never gauge the success of recruiting by the number of stars next to a high school football players name or how he is ranked in a newspaper pole. I get sick and tired of people claiming the value of a recruit before he has even taken one snap of college football.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Summary of EJ Holland's summary at WR post-Dickson

Texas has two commits -- Collin Johnson and Reggie Hemphill-Mapps. Both appear to be solid. However, Hemphill-Mapps is still making other OVs

Next Targets -- Dee Anderson and Stephen Sullivan are current the top of the board. In addition, it's likely that Lil’ Jordan Humphrey ends up at this position.

The next group is Davion Curtis and Donell Dunn. Both are candidates to receive an offer down the line.

11. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I don't like the optics of losing a guy like that, but at the same time, I'm pretty comfortable where we are at WR right now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

13. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

That was quick. Baylor must have convinced him that there was a high risk of Charlie's firing, even after January. I guess it's only too late after he enrolls for spring classes. The obvious solution to this is winning out.

14. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Maybe they convinced him that he couldn't rape and pillage without consequence at Texas.

Oh, and Charlie lands 4 star DE today.
    Too bad he can't recruit.
    http://insidetexas.com/fitzgerald-to-texas/

• Like Like x 2
  15. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Great news on Andrew Fitzgerald committing! Baylor can have Flip-Flop Dickson. I suspect he's more of an "all-about-me" type and won't fit. In a couple of years when Baylor craters, I hope he's still satisfied with his choice.

• Like Like x 1
  16. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Believe he's a 3 star.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Scout has him as a 4-star so maybe @moondog_LFZ was referencing that. We've been using 247's composite rankings in our "reporting" which show him as a 3.