WTC hits close to home.

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by MindControll, Sep 11, 2001.

1. MindControll

MindControll 25+ Posts

Fortunately, my father just walked through the door of his house. He saw one of the planes from his office as it flew overhead and struck the WTC. His entire office immediately evacuated. He jumped on a train that came to an abrupt halt just after passing underneath the Trade center. They had to hike on the tracks through the tunnels all the way to Foley Square. He said it was mayhem, soot in the air, as 200,000 people at Foley Square were trying to figure out how to get further north. When he looked back toward the Trade Center he realized that the towers were gone. They must have fallen while he was either on the train or in the subway tunnels walking away from there. He slowly made his way to Penn Station stopping along the way to talk to people as they were huddled around radios trying to understand the gravity of what happened around them. He said he's covered in a fine layer of soot, but is unharmed. His legs are killing him from all the walking. My father normally can't walk more then a couple of blocks without his legs aching. Anyway, I'm just writing this to express my great relief. It's been an emotional day for every American. My heart and prayers go out to the families and friends of the victims of this horrible attack.

2. HoustoNole

HoustoNole 25+ Posts

MC-Good to hear your dad is safe.

I'm still waiting to hear from my sister. [​IMG]

3. scorpio

scorpio < 25 Posts

MC:

Glad that your father made it out of the area safely. He must really be shaken up...

4. hornFANtastic

hornFANtastic 100+ Posts

I thank the Lord that your father is safe.

5. Titan

Titan 100+ Posts

MindControll - good to hear that your father is safe & sound.

HoustoNole - hopefully your sister is just somewhere where there's limited access to a phone. I'll be praying for her safety.

God bless the lives of all those lost in this tragedy, the families of all the victims, all those people in New York who witnessed this firsthand...and last but not least, God bless the USA.

6. stina

stina 100+ Posts

MC It's nice to hear a little good news today. I'm glad your Dad is safe. e still haven't heard from my step-neice, but I have severl friends in NY and have heard from most of them. This is a terrible tragedy but I'm beginning to realize that it could have been even worse.

"God bless us every one."

7. BayAreaHorn

BayAreaHorn < 25 Posts

MC-glad to hear that your father is safe.
    HN-will pray for your sister's safety.

God Bless

8. 98Ag

98Ag First Time Poster

the WTC was also a communications center. I know that Verizon has been affected by it's collapse. as you may expect some circuits are down. All cell phone beacons were turned off as of this morning (don't know if that is still in effect). Everyone is working as quickly as possible to get the circuits back up.

9. bevo185

bevo185 < 25 Posts

MC, thank god that your father is safe. I know the exact feeling as my father was over in that area as well.

10. MindControll

MindControll 25+ Posts

Thanks for your positive comments. This is a terrible tragedy that effects us all even if we know no one that was directly effected. I hope we retaliate against those responsible swiftly and forcefully.

11. HoustoNole

HoustoNole 25+ Posts

Fortunately, my sister is fine.

She nearly got a job that was in the WTC not too long ago. Morgan Stanley to be exact.

I feel relieved, yet awaken that tradgedy like this can strike at any moment.

Never take for granted your loved ones.

Today, I felt like I might have lost one.

12. MindControll

MindControll 25+ Posts

HN, glad to hear that your sister is ok.

13. HookemHorns

HookemHorns < 25 Posts

MC and Nole

Glad to hear your family members are safe. It is still so hard for me to believe that something like this could happen. How can a person or a group think this is justifiable?