WV Fans are Here

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BV Horn, Oct 4, 2012.

1. BV Horn

BV Horn 100+ Posts

Lots of WV fans already rolling through the Austin airport today, should be a fun weekend!

2. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Did they bring their couches or are they going to use ours?

3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Any of 'em have teeth like this........... [​IMG]

4. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

I think hotels are scarce this weekend. There's a Tough Mudder event, Texas Craft Brewers Festival, and the Austin Jazz Festival.

5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

If Walt Anderson assigns Scott Novak as referee, I hope Oliver Luck files a formal protest on behalf of West Virginia. That could be considered "profiling".

6. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Are we sure they're gonna go back home to their country roads after the game???

7. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I got to meet a few of 'em today, nice people so far. Then again, traveling fans usually are. I saw a couple walk by and nodded and turned around to give them a hello. I spoke out to them and they turned around halfway and kept going, almost scared. I then said, "Hey, welcome to Austin, do you guys need some info on campus?". They stopped almost bewildered I was being nice to them wearing their teams stuff on campus or something. Then I remembered how fans are where they are from.

I let them know that the North End of the Stadium (let a few know) was open to the public to see a few things, the field, etc. They thanked me a few times, said people have been great and said they look foward to eating TexMex at every meal or just about. Haha.

8. NebLHAB

NebLHAB 500+ Posts

Ambassador l00p.

[​IMG]

m/

9. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

We don't serve road kill here so most of then will go hungry. [​IMG]

10. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

11. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Thx, Hu. I put myself in their shoes were i visiting there and I would be stoked to learn I can see things like Big Bertha up close. To be able to walk into part of the stadium and get a cup of coffee, some food, check out statues and plaques and see a great view at field level would be a highlight. Then again, I am a junkie.

12. beaVo

beaVo 500+ Posts

Hu... I also plan on goin to Scholtz's around that time. if you buy me a couple o' beers, I'll buy you one too.

13. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Am on my way too [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

First time back for a game in three years, cant wait to get on plane later today! [​IMG]

14. scottyhorn

scottyhorn 250+ Posts

Just in Couch sales are up 25% at rooms to go and discount furniture I was told by a close source said most were sold to WV fans. Should be a fun game
    [​IMG]

15. dahorns

dahorns 250+ Posts

not trying to be difficult,
    but pretty sure that since 1866 when it opened there has been no "t" in Scholz (apologize for the pet peeve)

love going there before and after basketball games and non football days (just too crowded for my liking on game day).. besides our tailgate's food and adult beverages are easier to get to on game day :)

16. IdahoanHorn

IdahoanHorn 250+ Posts

First game sense we traveled to wyomig 3 or 4 years ago! I am hitting the USU vs BYU game tonight then catching a flight.
    Yes I am a Aggie Fan also... Utah State Aggies.

17. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

18. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Driving out Katy Frwy to Dairy Ashford this morning about 945, I was passed by 15-20 cars with WVU signs or flags driving at a high rate of speed in the left lanes.

No clunker jokes - worst car was new camero from Louisiana.

19. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I moved back to 109 after about 10 years in 101. One of the reasons is that Godzillatron is TOO DAMN LOUD! I hope it's not as bad in 109.

20. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I will be sitting in front of my big-*** Samsung tomorrow night, enjoying some 15 year old single malt moonshine and whatever vittles Mama whips up for the house. May even take a few pre-game laps around the cement pond with the critters. Whooo boy let’s go!

[​IMG]

21. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

Yes they sure are here

[​IMG]

22. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

23. darius

darius 500+ Posts

24. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I am bringing a friend of mine and one of their fans to the game Sat. - we'll be in Sec. 112. On a call 30 minutes ago he said he and many of their fans are scarred to death of our D and I told him we are too! [​IMG]

25. envgeo

envgeo 500+ Posts

Lol. Funny.

26. Eichmare

Eichmare 100+ Posts

I am not surprised that the WVU fans have been flying in already. Apparently they are very skilled airnen with a rich history of being sky high.
    The Link

I for one welcome them to Austin, and yes please bring the mason jars with you to the tailgate. You will be welcome!
    [​IMG]

27. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

28. Eichmare

Eichmare 100+ Posts

I've been having a great time talking with the WVU fans over at We Must Ignite This Couch. Good folks. We're going to have to play at least as well against them as OSU to win. We can though and I believe we will.

I just want to also confirm that, like the earlier post, having the Mountaineers in the House is so much better than the gaggies.

I hope this is a great rivalry in the making and the trips to Morgantown should be fun. We'll take care of WVU business on the field and take care of the fans while they are in town as our new friends and neighbors in the Big XII.

Hook Em Horns! [​IMG]

29. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

30. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest