WV Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by dukesteer, Nov 20, 2021.

1. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I would challenge anyone that says TH would have this record with these players. No I’m not saying bring him back or that he did not need to go I’m just saying this cannot be totally on the players. How often have you watched a half way decent offense march down making first downs when it’s end of game and D is playing back. They might not get into the EZ but they know to throw under for 1st downs. Gonna be empty stadium for KSt. But I’ll be one of the saps there. I paid my money so I’m gonna show.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

And voted :yes:

3. MeatHeadHorn

MeatHeadHorn 1,000+ Posts

I'd highly recommend the 3 documentaries of Ricky, 05 and 08 seasons ESPN and LHN have put out... can find on YouTube

4. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

pretty sure Card’s 147.7 QB rating was better than whatever Casey’s was.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  5. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Best I've seen Card look..
    We had a decent chance to score there if he stays in the game. Went south quick when he got injured when we looked in rhythm.

6. RainH2burntO

7. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Maybe he means ". . . and not listen to the other team's song" ??

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Seriously, he showed up sh!tfaced drunk at a donor event and could barely talk. If that happens here, he'll be gone regardless of the amount of time.

9. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Nashhorn-Eventually everyone will come around..

10. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

A wise man from the East.

11. RainH2burntO

Maybe
    I'm so curious...still not sure.
    Are they allowed to sing the song?

(I'm just trying to focus on anything I can to distract me from the actual play on the field lol)

• Like Like x 1
  12. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

The ‘other’ teams song makes sense but I haven’t a clue on my own.

13. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Casey’s numbers: 4 of 14 for 29 yards and an interception. 31.7 rating.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  14. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I tried to watch today. Here was my thought:

15. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

I am so tired of hearing Sark talk about how they "competed." Loser teams always talk about competing. Thus, they are content with just competing and are always losers.

16. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Yeah that’s pretty bad Clean. Don’t know how that is all calculated but even if the three drops had been completions don’t know how much it would have improved.

17. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Anyone else amused how these teams that can play so well before 1/2, and lower, filled stadiums and we play before 90,000+ and look, well you know how we look.

18. Golgo451

Golgo451 100+ Posts

Our one consistency is that we will suck whether there are 90,000 folks or only 90. It doesn’t affect our ability to miss tackles, to overthrow open receivers, make penalties at critical times, and to throw a bubble screen that loses 5 yards, etc.

19. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

What exactly do you want him to say? He can start throwing players and coaches under the bus. Be one of these coaches that says "it's all my responsibility" (whatever that means or does for anyone), or just not do the interview which he is contractually required to do. There's just nothing to say at this point except try and hold onto the recruiting class and start looking at the portal. I do think he has to make a DB coordinator change, but he needs to get this class in first.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

Honestly, I have no idea what I want him to say. It was really more of an observation that good/great teams aren't talking about how well they competed at press conferences. I am ready for them to start talking about what winners talk about at press conferences. And I don't think we are anywhere close to those types of press conferences in our future.

21. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Not sure I agree on the ‘we competed’. Seriously, first half, well certainly first qtr, we were just there. I don’t think we competed at all. Can’t believe I’m speaking so harshly but it’s all so baffling how we (I) allowed myself to be sucked into such high hopes with this the final product.

• Like Like x 2
  22. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Absolutely. But as this isn't a good or great team. I don't know, I don't listen to the press conferences as I know it's a waste of time. When I was a student we'd throw our beer coozy's at the TV when Akers would talk about "a hard fought game between 2 fine teams" when we'd play Rice. It was nonsense. We're all frustrated. I'm in my 60's so feel my window closing just a bit. Like I don't have another decade for us to suck. But suck we might. None of us has any answers, but right now they're not going to fire Sark so we gotta just hope for the best. None of us would have ever thought we could reach these lows when we fired Mack. It's mind blowing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

This team has a losing record because our Defensive Coordinator—therefore our defense—is a failure. On all levels: tackling, pass coverage, defensive calls, i.e., when to blitz, which type of blitz, man or zone coverage etc.

Scoring 48and 56 should always be enough to win a game. Coach K has failed miserably, period.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I will judge Card on the entire body of work, not one drive or one pass. To me he is a huge liability, and his “what do I do now” performance with 33 seconds left was terrible. It was almost like, “my QB rating is good in this game, I better not risk an int.”

The losing streak started in the 2nd half of the OU game, after Casey hurt his thumb. That is not a coincidence.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  25. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Absolutely right. Unless its up to the coaches to get the players (especially defense) to play inspired ball. Uninspired defense. Why? Is it too complicated. Have to think too much?

26. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Michale Griffin says it is about individual desire.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

When you are winning it doesn't matter what you say, fans will love it. When you are losing, it doesn't matter what you say, fans will hate it.

I know y'all are pissed at him right now, but Brian Jones said the same thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. horninchicago

I didn't read his comments. If he did inject race, then he's a tool, his defensive analysis notwithstanding.

29. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I tend not to agree with this.

The defense has struggled all year. Maybe players like Coburn, Collins, Ojomo, Overshown, Cook and even Schooler have mailed it in, but I don’t believe that. I think that many of these guys are passionate but likely confused by a scheme that doesn’t fit the available skill sets. I believe that many of these guys are playing their hearts out — like Sweat today, but again, if the other team knows what you’re going to do and can easily scheme around your defensive plans, they’re going to make plays. The multiple long third down conversions seem to bear out that perspective.

To me, Kwiatkowski has done a horrific job of adjusting to the players he has available. Probably the worst performance we have witnessed in my 60+ years of watching Texas football. He may be terrific when he has “his players,” but when he doesn’t, as has been the case this season, he seems incapable of adjusting to what is available. Stunningly so.

Yes, the linebacker room is terribly deficient of talent, but that deficiency doesn’t come close to justifying the ineptitude we have been witnessing.

If I were Sark, I would have some very difficult soul-searching ahead with respect to whether or not to keep this DC. Again, maybe with “his guys” Kwiatkowski can be effective, but to me that is a huge leap of faith that seems not to be justified based on what we have witnessed this season.

• Winner Winner x 1
  30. horninchicago

You don't agree that he says that?

:fiestanana: