WV Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by dukesteer, Nov 20, 2021.

1. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I will need video proof.

:catfight:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Oh he said it...

3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Has to have ‘his’ players? Good grief, how many times have we heard adapt to the skill set you have? Look at the difference from Applewhite/Simms to Vince to Colt but Mack adapted. Yeah we have problems on OL and with our LBs but for crying out loud we have overall better skill players than Kansas, do you disagree? So your scheme doesn’t match the player skill set? Then you adapt the scheme. Not saying this is easy but I’m saying that’s why you pay these guys exorbitant salaries.
    Sorry to rant but some of our players I really believe are giving their all and, imho, they are getting short changed by the coaches and some of the fans.
    Hookem

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Who has been our best defensive coach this century?
    Can we get him?
    Well just frustrated.
    I am sure he will be here next season. But will the players play for him? What will be different?
    Perhaps a bunch of new players

• Like Like x 1
  5. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Well we always talk about how coaches should adapt their scheme to the players they have, but this rarely happens. It's much more common for coaches to bring in players that fit their preferred scheme.

6. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

well, she WAS from Illinois, so that is always possible...

7. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Boom? Or someone else?

This season's swoon hath turned my brain to mush...

8. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Leon Fuller might be available. The great Mike Campbell has unfortunately passed. It would be interesting to see how Fuller would assess this D.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I still cant figure why so many people spend so much time pointing the finger at the D. They have plenty of issues...but anyone that knows football knows how hard can offense that cannot move the ball or score is on a defense. This offense has been hanging them out to dry more often than not.
    Arkansas (arguable both o and d sucked) Baylor, OSU, ISU, and now WVU.
    These last 4 were all definitely winnable if the O had even half way handled business.
    Again...D has plenty problems, but today was another example of them being hung out to dry. After the first series they gave the O plenty of opportunities to get more of a handle in the game and the O no showed until it was too late.
    31 pts in the big 12 isnt crazy when you are exhausted and frustrated.
    I view the OSU, isu, and Baylor games all similarly

10. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I'll be glad when we get out of this bad-*** conference and get to the easier sec. We certainly won't suffer a 6 game losing streak there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Well, we’d better be gone before BYU arrives.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Good one

13. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Well, i said on another thread i hope that Sark hires an O/C.
    Is there a joe brady somewhere?
    If he doesn't do well Sark can take over and we will try again next year.
    I suppose it doesn't work like that.
    Yes i am not that happy with Sark's play calling.

14. HalRex

HalRex 1,000+ Posts

So, I watched about 10 mins of the Bama-Arky game and, folks, we need some bigger more athletic bodies to even think about being competitive on the national scene. I sure hope Sark has his sales pitch put together for both new recruits and the portal. As a member of the Longhorn faithful I’m putting my chips on the table to back our coach’s ability to pull us out of the slump. I firmly believe Sark is a good one and worthy of that faith.

• Like Like x 1
  15. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

What I can't get is how this team looks compared to the first half of the OU or OSU games. How can these teams even be comparable? Physically they look completely different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

3 conference championships in 25 years. Ugh. I'm ready to gtfo of the B12.

17. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

Recruiting that kind of athlete will be easier in the SEC. Even the aggies have upped their talent level.

• Like Like x 1
  18. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

I do not understand Casey. He was on last week but totally off todY.

Many of those 1st qtr drops were really the result of bad throws behind the reciever.
    you left out “our secondary”. It’s Not fair that our offense does not get a chance against our secondary.”

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Pull up some Earl Campbell YouTube videos. It will make you very happy.

20. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

I am looking for an orange lining as to what hppened.

I think this partial list may be to blame,

• Freshman WR Jaden Alexis (knee) — out
    • RS Freshman WR Troy Omeire (knee) — out
    • Sophomore TE Brayden Liebrock (shoulder) — out
    • Freshman CB Ishmael Ibraheem (knee) — out
    • Senior OL Denzel Okafor (knee) — out
    • Senior DE Jacoby Jones (foot) — out
    • Sophomore RB Bijan Robinson (elbow) — out
    • Senior CB Josh Thompson (leg) — out
    • Senior LB DeMarvion Overshown (foot) — available
    The injury to Casey's hand played a major role. He was really off today, high and late on every throw. I think it was the injury mixed with the cold. You can add Whittington to the list too, he was back today but not in the flow yet.

J. Jones was our only DL that could pressure the passer. Losing Okofor really hurt too. With him, we had a bad OL, without him the OL was horrible.

I know injuries are part of the game, but Damn, we had no dept before the injuries.
    Cannot believe how bad our secondary is.

Oh well, I had 3 Nat'l championships in my lifetime and it should have been 45 or 6.

Hook 'Em

• Like Like x 1
  21. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

They also talk about practice which he did as well. I think I'd rather him not have a PC because there's not much positive to talk about and there's nothing he can say that would make us happy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

I watched and was thinking the same thing. The difference between those O & Dlines and ours is very noticeable in terms of sheer size. But something else I noticed was how those SEC receivers perform after they make a catch. They are delivering hits on the folks trying to tackle them. They run north and south and don't seem to want to look for the sideline.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, teams that just won say better stuff afterwards than teams that lost. But isn't the problem there the losing, not the stuff they said?

Sure, but this Arkansas team - that we didn't look like we belonged on the field with - went 11-35 the last 4 years under 4 different coaches (3 full, 1 interim). It's not like they have a 2-deep chock-full of badass elite athletes either. Neither do Iowa State or West Virginia, for that matter.

It's bizarre; not only were we up big, but they got a touchdown off of a completely blown call. We'd outplayed them to the tune of 41-16 at that point with a quarter and a half to go - and since then, we haven't won a single game.