WVa

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by ut1978, Jan 5, 2012.

1. ut1978

ut1978 100+ Posts

Who do they lose this year? And, do we have to play them next year? That offense looks unstoppable. It's a Mike Leach offense with a good running game. Plus they have a decent D.

2. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Now you see why the Big XII is upgrading by adding West Virginia and TCU, and shedding agricultural and Mizzou. IF WVU makes the move to the Big XII at the end of this sports year, then yes, UT will play them. The new reality in a ten team Big XII is everybody plays everybody every year.

3. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

The Clemson Coach said before the game : (" After this game I hope everyone is talking about our Defense" ). [​IMG]

4. rememberthealamo

rememberthealamo 250+ Posts

count tcu and wva wins in bowls minus ag big 12 8-1 or 7-1?.... add the fact of a heisman trophy winner and a team who should be in nc game and the emergence of baylor ..proves.aggy 's inept sense of timing is only matched by their second half performances ...it was all a trojan horse gambit sec we were just trying to shed the ....well you will know soon enough as you fall from being perceived as the best football conference ...

5. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

There were a number of scoffers when TCU and WVa were invited to join the B12. Those are solid teams with good HCs. I was elated they were coming to the B12, but a lot of folks thought these schools were a step down.

The question for those against now is, would you like to have aggy and UMo back in the conference?

6. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Hell, no. Tell me again why losing Missouri is a negative in any way? And as far as football and baseball go, TCU is better than A&M, at least over the last ten years, maybe even over the last hundred years.
    West Virginia won't be easy to beat by any team in the Big 12.
    That was the #15 team in the nation they destroyed last night. Wow!

7. rememberthealamo

rememberthealamo 250+ Posts

welcome aboard west virginia and to you tcu

8. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

9. Zona Horn

Zona Horn 500+ Posts

They gained 533 yards against LSU. Like Oregon, if they could avoid the 4 turnovers, they are even odds to win that game.

10. Longhorn0184

Longhorn0184 250+ Posts

I think either WVU or TCU could win the conference next year.. makes me kinda sad.. but I could see it.....

11. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

The last time Texas was in a conference with a new joining member, that member won as well --- 1976 the Coogs joined the SWC and won the football conference title.

Some of it is self-defining --- the conference wants a new member because they bring something to the table. TCU and WVU are both good programs and SHOULD compete immediately for the conference crown.

As compared to the exiting teams, Mizzou and aggy who haven't recently as much.