WVU @ Texas at 11 am on ABC

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Joe Fan, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Mountaineers are 4-2 after thumping #16 KSU 37-10 in Morgantown
    QB Jarrett Doege had over 300 yards passing for the third consecutive game
    Their offense also ran for 184 yards, while their D had 3 picks
    In 2019, WVU went 5-7

2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Never expected them to win and certainly not so convincingly. I had thought this might be K St’s year,,,,,, another 11:00 am game, crap!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I must be the only fan that likes the 11am games.
    For me, if UT wins I get to enjoy watching the rest of the day.... I know I’m in the minority here.
    Why do you guys/gals dislike 11am games?

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  4. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

In a Covid-19 World, 11:00 AM is fine. In the real world, 11:00 AM is the worst!

1) Too early, too hard to get there on time
    2) Not enough time to tailgate properly
    3) Students still asleep

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Horns are 4-0 in games not starting at 11 am this year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Gotcha, makes sense

7. HornDawg1957

HornDawg1957 100+ Posts

FWHORN's point notwithstanding, being on the West coast, I love a 9:00 AM Pacific time start. I swim in the morning, get home and prepare my nachos or whatever I'm going to eat, and sit down in front of the TV for the roller-coaster ride that is a UT football game these days.

Gets things over early and leaves me a good chunk of the day afterwards to consider doing something I should be doing outside of watching college football (if there is in actuality such a thing).

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Mike the Texan

Mike the Texan 250+ Posts

WVU has a upset win at home and Texas gets a huge win on the road in what was probably the best game of the day.

We both get rewarded by getting the crappy time slot... again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Texas has always played better later in my unscientific view. I always blamed 6th street and the fans.

10. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Time for this Texas team to grow up and be big men if 11am is problematic. Horns should be hungry for that third win in a row no matter what time the game starts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

I don't have heart trouble but I may before this season is over. I started out yesterday watching with as much ambivalence as I would have while watching San Jose State and Montana. I wasn't getting excited when we did something good or upset when we if s&&t the bed. By the time Ossai sacked Sanders, I exploded off the couch like I had an ejection seat.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Mack said he liked the early game start. Get the players up and moving, get on the field and play. He didn't like the team sitting around all day waiting for kick off.

13. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Exactly, I had the iPhone up to my ear listening to it while I was trick-or-treating with my three-year-old granddaughter but I let out an audible scream when I heard it

• Like Like x 2
  14. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Until this next week, the 11AM games start at 9AM out here and GameDay starts at 6AM.

15. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

11 a.m. huh?

Does moonshine mix well with orange juice or bloody Mary mix?

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I don't know if you've noticed but we haven't looked too sharp in the morning. My 9 year old actually brought this up to me before the 3pm kickoff the other day.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Texas has opened as a 7-point favorite over WVU

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We are back in the AP Top 25 at No. 22

• Hot Hot x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  20. RainH2burntO

He needs to play like this ^^^^ from the opening snap. The team seems to feed off of him, and he has proven a real slow starter for the most part...especially of late

21. RainH2burntO

Some things you may not know about West Virginia....

"...Such an outing would be welcome when facing a West Virginia club that leads the Big 12 in total defense (255.7 yards per game and 4.2 yards per play allowed), run defense (97.8 yards per game and 2.9 yards per rushing attempt allowed), pass defense (157.8 yards per game allowed), sacks (20) and interceptions (nine) while ranking second in the conference in scoring defense (19.8 points per game allowed)."

That sack and int stat is particularly disconcerting...not to mention run D

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  22. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Watched 3qtrs of their game with KSt. They definitely have a salty defense with good pressure on qb. I will say pics, at least two, were deflections but they didn’t miss many tackles whereas KSt somehow forgot their mo as a good tackling team.
    In short, another who the heck knows game! :idk::thumbup:

23. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I noticed that on some of the longer and mid range passes, we were leaving the RBs in to pass block. Sometimes we needed to. It would be nice to be able to get them out in the flats or on wheel routes for the vast majority of pass plays, but the OL needs to improve on the slower-developing routes. Some of our past teams have made a living on passes to the RBs in the flats. If the opposing LBs aren't very fast, it's hard to get there and make the tackle before the RB already has 5-10 yards on a little swing pass/pass to the RB in the flats. I think Bijan is well suited to this sort of play based on his HS film.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  24. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

These two guys gave us fits last year. Stills x 2.
    Fortunately, our blocking has greatly improved...:smokin:

• [​IMG]
      DANTE STILLS -- #55
      JUNIOR FAIRMONT, W.VA. FAIRMONT SENIOR
    • DEFENSIVE LINE 6'4" 280 LBS

• [​IMG]
      DARIUS STILLS -- #56
      SENIOR FAIRMONT, W.VA. FAIRMONT SENIOR
    • DEFENSIVE LINEMAN 6'1" 285 LBS

25. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

One if the things I did catch because I was frustrated about not seeing Bijan in for more opportunities was him wiff a block on a rush. That is always a common issue you hear touted with Freshman backs and seeing it makes me think that might be why he doesn’t get in for more series‘s. But I have to say I have seen him step up for a block too and one where he got knocked flat on his can. Some learning to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

I slightly favor 2:30 over 11:00 a.m. Generally OK with any KO time (with the exception of the 1995 Hawaii game played in Honolulu that started late in the evening (Central Time) and wasn't over until early Sunday morning)

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

If Stephen Stills shows up for the game, well, we might be SOL!

• Funny Funny x 3
  28. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

It's amazing how weak our schedule is this year. Sucks that we wasted this year.

• Agree Agree x 4
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Brenden Schooler should return this week

• Like Like x 2
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We get a little shout out in this one
    Could have been worse

• Like Like x 1