X on the Twitters this morning

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Dionysus, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

What is up. Somebody have the secret code?

Twitter-X.png

2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Maybe they all plan to sign on the X?

3. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Well, counting today there's ten days to signing day. If they tweet a "IX" tomorrow then we'll have some idea on that.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Solid theory. Let’s go with it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I see it as crossing off an item on a "to do" list.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Or ten silent commits? Ha... trying to remain positive.

• Like Like x 1
  7. eddie14024

eddie14024 < 25 Posts

I saw those last night. Probably just related to x-files

• Like Like x 1
  8. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Quitting football to train for X-games.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Tenth silent commit?

10. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Come on people. THINK. We can get to the bottom of this mystery.

11. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

You guys are way off.
    Committed to their purity. Hence X, instead of XXX :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  12. BevoBeef

BevoBeef 250+ Posts

Mike Roach on HornSports said the following:

'I spoke to one of them (OUR RECRUITS). It means nothing, they were just having some fun."

• Like Like x 1
  13. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Well that's no fun for us at all

• Like Like x 2
  14. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

I have heard talk that it is for the X in teXas but who knows who started that rumor

• Like Like x 1
  15. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Fun for them to see how much they stir up a bunch of people dying for tidbits of info.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

And if it was a secret code/pledge between these guys, I'm sure they'd tell an outsider from a sports media outlet (Horns Sports) what it really meant. :rolleyes1:

That said, I agree they're likely messing with the fanboy adult twitter stalkers. Playing a game to get everyone wildly guessing at a simple symbol.

These recruits know they're leading grown men around by their johnsons with every tweet. :smile1:

• Like Like x 1
  17. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I got it!! They're going to meet up and go see some X rated nudie movies...LHCatholic hit on this above...I think.

• Like Like x 1
  18. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

The truth is out there, for $9.95 you can know it. Send remittance to "The Lone Gunmen Recruiting Report."

This is run by three shady characters on this board and another nameless Hornfans poster that smokes all the time.

I can only reveal their identities, after safely taking up residence in Godz40acres NSA-proof bunker.

• Like Like x 2
  19. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

This is more mysterious than the silent commits. :smile1:

• Like Like x 1
  20. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

You guys and gals are pathetic, like teenage girls. (I know. I have a 16 year old granddaughter.) "On fleck." "On point." "On Blitzen..." Geez. Get a life!

(Dionysus, if you check to see how many times per day/hour/minute
    I am checking this site for an update from Godz40, Joe Fan or Jarakris, please don't let anyone know. I will be discredited.)

• Like Like x 2
  21. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Uh, Dukesteer, its 10:30 pm and I am checking this site. And you were 12 minutes ago. This IS our life. And hey, you have to admit, its not that bad.

Just send the $9.95 to NBHORN like the rest of us and get the low down scoop. Not only that but you get a free weekend in your choice of the NSA bunker or the tent I have on the ledge. Personally, I'd recommend the ledge. The view is outstanding.

• Like Like x 2
  22. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

The Hooked X....

• Like Like x 1
  23. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Duke, what happens on Hornfans stays on Hornfans.

• Like Like x 3
  24. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Good News!

VolHorn4Life sent me an IM that he will conduct a drawing for any new subscribers to the "The Lone Gunmen Recruiting Report" to win a FREE fantasy weekend at the exclusive VolHorn4Life Hill Country Executive Ranch & Bordello.

So send your paperwork and remittance right away to the shameless NBHorn7 to enter the drawing!

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  25. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Do not mock any service that involves the mysterious "smoking Horn."

He has a past as hazy, as the smoke cloud that surrounds him. Some say he was in the military, after ROTC at UT. Then he was plucked by the CIA and became a powerful figure there.

Secretly his passion was UT recruiting and he wanted to start his own newsletter, but it never happened.

It's said that he has had a hand in many "strange occurances" in Texas football lore.

Those interceptions to seal the deal in Fayetteville in 1969, when Piggy only needed a field goal to win. A man with an odd device was seen on the Texas sidelines, he had a cigarette dangling from lips, as he pointed it toward the field.

Flash forward to Austin and Texas trails UCLA very late in the contest. A "smoking man" on the UT sidelines pulls out what looks like a remote control and points it toward the field, as a desperate last second pass is let go. The UCLA defender seems to stumble a bit and it's touchdown Texas.

Even as late as the National Championship game against USC there were whispered reports of his actions.

As Reggie Bush was running down field, a smoking man on the UT sidelines opens his jacket and and a lens was seen inside. Bush then inexplicably laterals the ball, the fumble is recovered by Texas.

It's also said that during the smoking Horn's excitement of Texas scoring and making the two point conversion. He inadvertently opened his jacket and the lens opened and was pointed at a USC cheerleader. I think we all know how that went down in Longhorn lore.

Do not mock the "smoking Horn," Worster. He is older now, but he still has some tricks up his sleeve. How do you think aggy has cratered so hard lately and Texas recruiting is doing so well, despite a losing season.

So send in that $9.95, before a black helicopter appears over your house. By the way, I don't smoke, never have

• Like Like x 5
  26. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

"Smoking Horn" has become our grassy knoll.

• Like Like x 1
  27. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

They are paying homage to me :rolleyes1:

• Like Like x 3
  28. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Very "X-Files"ish...

• Like Like x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1