XFL - Houston Moves to 5-0, Beat Seattle. Best Record in XFL

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BevoJoe, Feb 22, 2020.

1. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Houston went on the road and took down Tampa Bay 34-27. Probably one of the best games I've seen in the XFL's inaugural season.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I just can't work up the will to care.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

To each his own.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Agreed. NFL, XFL, whatever. If it's pro, I'm rarely interested. This past Super Bowl was entertaining, but it was the only NFL game I saw all year.

Is the XFL putting a decent product on the field?

5. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

I hear you. I used to be a huge Cowboys fan (since the late 60's) and Jerrah has completely disabused me of that. If you don't have a team to support, where's the interest?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

The first couple of weeks were rough around the edges, lots of turnovers. But that is mostly from a lack of the guys actually playing together under fire. The precision has looked better this week, but still has some kinks to work out. But, it moves faster than the NFL and extra points are not a given or automatic.

I can see this morphing into a a league maybe allowing the HS kids that believe they are already good enough to go into the league, or want to help their families, or don't want to "waste" three years in college, then let them go directly into the XFL and play with guys that did spend some time in the NFL or played college ball but weren't drafted. It would be a nice eye opener for them.

7. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Shameless plug...if anyone wants money down on them for this weekend OR for season prop on championship, let me know...I am flying out on Saturday. And yes, I do plan to put a few pieces of paper bearing famous people in American history across the counter in exchange for another piece of paper bearing a payout that could be collected in a few months...

8. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

If you can’t get excited about roughneck football, then you are lost. where is your roughneck pride?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Big Game Bob gets a shot at the Roughnecks this Sunday in Arlington.

• Like Like x 2
  10. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Houston up on Dallas 3-0 first qtr. Make that 6-0....Now up 15-0 very early in Q2. Dallas's Landry Jones threw 3 picks in the 1st qtr.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  11. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Is the game televised?

12. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

It's on FS1 out here.

13. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Houston wins it! 27 -20

• Like Like x 1
  14. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Yea, finally found it.

15. weller1

weller1 25+ Posts

each week the teams are looking better

16. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

What is an XFL? :yippee:

17. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Got paid on the Seattle game and got paid on the Houston game.

DC, on the other hand...dead to me. I did NOT expect Cardale Jones to suck THAT much two weeks in a row. That entire city screwed me Sunday...the Capitals failed to cover what I needed. Had them as the fifth leg of a 22 to 1 ties-lose parlay and needed them to win by two. They won by 1 which meant a tie. Oh well...

Had Houston in a solo ticket but also had them on a parlay with DC on the spread, with a dose of under tossed in. Unfortunately, two out of three does not get one paid...and DC not scoring means no way they could cover a -5 LOL!

For those interested, I had Seattle getting 12.5 and I took the over. So, with both at -110, the $200 came back as $380.xx which made me happy. And, with SEA looking better in the second half after the QB change AND the rest of the league being so mediocre, I tossed a C-note at SEA to win it all at +7500 (75 to 1). Yeah, it means Houston wouldn't get the championship, but even as good as they seem at the moment, Houston teams have too much of a tendency to disappoint in playoffs...

I was going to get down on Houston to win it all, but I got into town right after the first game kicked off, so futures were locked until Sunday morning. By then, HOU went from +295 to +200. Not enough meat on that bone to make it worth locking up the money for another few months...

18. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

You clearly did NOT watch much of any of the four games...each week, most of the players are looking like there are good reasons they cannot even get onto a practice squad.

19. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I have watched almost all of the games. Is it the NFL - no; is it Texas-ou - no; can it be exciting at times - yes. In fact, the tackling (when they finally hit) is surer than what is seen in the NFL. The weakest parts of the game are QB play ("play" is being generous) and the overall speed of play (it seems they are playing at 3/4 speed).

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

The Joneses really sucked.
    Landry and Cardale, that is. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  21. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Now, now...Landry DID complete six of his first seven passes against Houston. His problem was that three of the six were completed to players wearing a Houston uniform LOL!

He left the game with a knee injury of some sort...his time in the XFL could well be over. That is the second instance of injury keeping him out of at least part of a game in just the first four games of the league.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Week 5 Houston is up on Seattle 26-23. Houston driving at the Seattle 20 with under 5:00 left in the game.

23. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

TD HOUSTON!! Now up 32-23 with 3:28 left

24. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Seattle turned the ball over. 1:58 left in the game. Seattle has no TO's left.

25. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Houston wins!!

26. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Didn't watch the game, but I guess it ended with controversy?

Anyway, XFL don't play. They have reassigned the dude who got replay call wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  27. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Refreshing.

28. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Its something that once was a football league but eventually went under

29. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, it was a crazy after the last play, even while the replay booth was looking at it, the players from both teams had helmets off and some were headed to the locker rooms. The replay guy looked at it an at first said it was very close. The replay on the TV looked to me the guy was down maybe an inch or two short. There seemed to be some confusion and the replay guy said something like he wanted to look again, at the same time the ref on the field said something about the game's over, and the replay guy just said ok first down then. The announcers were talking as well so the conversations were confusing, but that's what I made of it. I thought he was short with 2 seconds on the clock. But it is what it is.

• Like Like x 1
  30. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Did not realize we had Longhorns in this league...Patrick Vahe's name got a mention in the game last night. He is playing for Los Angeles.