Yao gone for the year!

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by elgato, Feb 26, 2008.

1. elgato

elgato 25+ Posts

per 790am Houston, foot stress fracture

Sucks!

2. beencounting

beencounting 500+ Posts

snakebit franchise

now they drop out of the playoffs.

3. DKR777

DKR777 250+ Posts

Yao and T-Mac just can't stay healthy.

What is up with that?

4. stockjock

stockjock 250+ Posts

5. texashorne

texashorne 250+ Posts

6. UofTOrange

UofTOrange 250+ Posts

I'm extremely sad, f**k

7. FondrenRoad

FondrenRoad 1,000+ Posts

Dammit. No chance of playing on it? He's been playing on it for a while now, no?

8. texashorne

texashorne 250+ Posts

****. Both the Horns and Rockets were on a tear and I was in sports paradise. I knew stupid Karma would take notice. [​IMG]

9. wildcat09

wildcat09 100+ Posts

I knew this season was looking too good to be true.

10. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

That really, really sucks. This is the best the Rockets have been playing since Yao and TMac got to Houston. What a downer. The Horns and the Rockets had one thing in common going this season...great defense.

There is no silver lining here. Truly sucks.

11. Stuck_At_Work

Stuck_At_Work 1,000+ Posts

12. Mitch Cumsteen

Mitch Cumsteen 250+ Posts

Wow. Tough break (no pun intended) for the Rockets. That really sucks.

It takes a lot of the luster off the playoff push in the West -- now it's about jockeying for position. I guess people in Denver and Oakland should be feeling a little better today about their chances.

13. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

Well, maybe they'll rattle off 20 losses in a row and get lucky with the lottery balls again. This sucks. [​IMG]

14. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Takes care of the "9 teams for 8 spots" playoff problem. Sucks for the Rockets. Further points out the problems huge people have of stayiing healthy.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

15. 3nnsang

3nnsang 100+ Posts

This blows ! Their chances of winning now are as good as mine winning the lotto or marrying jessica alba.

16. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

Damn this team has had some really bad luck.

17. Iconoclast Texan

Iconoclast Texan 250+ Posts

I feel sick. When the f**k did this happen. Why are Houston sports teams so damn cursed. I am seriously down. f**k!!!!!! [​IMG]

18. you'd be surprised at how calm I am about this. The others will just have to step up.

I am far from ready to concede this season.

19. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

This sucks BIGTIME! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I can't believe it. We are looking so freakin good too and then this. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. PlatinumHorns

PlatinumHorns < 25 Posts

Listening to the press conference right now on SportsRadio 610. It sounds like Yao's been playing with this injury for some time now and it may be his availability for the Olympic team that trumped our need for him. If he stops playing now he may be able to play during the Olympics. I bet his Chinese agents and officials forced him not to play!!!! [​IMG]

21. "First of all, you don't want the Chinese mad at you. They can fight!" Charles Barkley

22. FondrenRoad

FondrenRoad 1,000+ Posts

Screw that. Club team is more important than national team. Who's putting food in his mouth?

23. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Without big guy in the middle they are toast. Too bad also because they were hot. Ming and McGrady are too injury prone.

24. YChang

YChang 500+ Posts

25. anotherwebexpert

anotherwebexpert 100+ Posts

Fondren,

It isnt that simple. China only allowed him to play in the NBA if certain conditions were upheld and one was that his availability to their national team came first and foremost.

This is why he had played damn near non-stop for 2-3 years despite how bad their national team sucks. Stern wants that market and I am sure the needs of China and the NBA came ahead of the Rockets.

My concern is that we are started down a road of more and more foot problems for him. As someone said above, when you are that big (Yao weights around 350) it is only a matter of time before your feet start to go.

26. Iconoclast Texan

Iconoclast Texan 250+ Posts

f**k CHINA AND f**k THE CHINESE NATIONAL TEAM and all of their commitments they place on him. Why the f**k does he need to play so damn much EVERY damn summer.

If they are doing this for him to play in Beijing, I will pull my hair out. Our trainer and team doctor sucks *** too. He has been complaining about his foot for close to a MONTH now! Stress fractures result from overuse. Thanks to Chinese ************* and our medical staff we are screwed. Seriously, I want to break something. DAMN IT!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

27. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

If that is the case then it is time for Yao to defect. Seriously. [​IMG]

28. wright11

wright11 25+ Posts

un-f'ing-believable

29. FondrenRoad

FondrenRoad 1,000+ Posts

30. ghost

ghost 500+ Posts

My stomach turned as soon as I heard the breaking news on the radio here in Houston. I am not totally sold that we will fold, but I am not holding my breath too long. It's going to be really interesting how the team does from this point on. Gut check time.

The first thing I thought of when hearing the news about China and the Olympics was, screw that. Get better and rest for once. Yao loves his homeland and no doubt will do whatever it takes to play for China. I just hope it doesn't derail any recovery and future ability to play for the Rockets.