'Yeah, I know him. He's in my physics class.'

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by DigglerontheHoof, Oct 22, 2006.

1. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

Texas defensive back Aaron Ross on virtually unknown Ryan Bailey, who kicked the game-winning 22-yard field goal

Omaha.com

Awesome quote by Ross.[​IMG]

2. n0t0ri0s

n0t0ri0s First Time Poster

these are better:

3. rhg84

rhg84 250+ Posts

haha those are all pretty funny

4. Bevoette

Bevoette 1,000+ Posts

Those are funny, Crowders made me laugh the most..[​IMG]

5. hookem2003

hookem2003 500+ Posts

I love it. The guy comes to UT b/c he wants a great degree, and he ends up making a huge play for the football team.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Eating Club

Eating Club 250+ Posts

Soon the entire nation will know him.

7. Hes not here

Hes not here 100+ Posts

Bailey's mother was sitting next to me in at a table in a bar by madison square garden. I'm sitting there about to have a coronary over the prospect of a guy who hadn't ever kicked in a college game attempt the game winner against NU, and this girl starts yelling "Ryan is kicking it? that's her son oh my god." I'm like get the f**k outta here, that's your boy? when the kid made it the whole bar was chanting bailey, bailey, bailey. great time

8. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

Great story, Hes not here...wow. I can't imagine how ape **** she must have gone.[​IMG]

9. Used2btexaslover

Used2btexaslover 250+ Posts

yeah, what did she do?

10. MajorTexasFan

MajorTexasFan 100+ Posts

11. Texoz

Texoz 1,000+ Posts

12. Hes not here

Hes not here 100+ Posts

there was a lot of commotion from their table whenever this guy walked on the field for the try. wasn't paying much attention at first on account I was piss drunk and wanted to crawl in a hole- anything except having to watch that final try. I also was about to **** in my pants. I just remember hearing oh my god oh my god from a girl next to a middle age lady. Then after NU called time, the girl was talking to the people to her right telling them Bailey was the lady's son. I wasl ike get outta here, that's the most random thing ever. for what it's worth lot of exes go to this bar. crowd was pretty into the game, more so than any I've watched there with the exception of OU and the Rose Bowl. so at the end it got real quiet, and dopey Callahan kept stalling the game to ice the guy. guy kicks the thing and the place goes nuts, probably a couple hundred people in there chanting Bailey's name. Didn't really see her reaction because everyone was jumping around. also found myself on the other side of the bar in a matter of a second or two, also not sure how that happened. saw her leaving with a huge smile on her face and wanted to thank her for having her son but i was a drunken mess and it probably would have come out all wrong

13. bigup2dahorns

bigup2dahorns 250+ Posts

^ wow. cool story. was this at stout? i watched a game there once, good spot.

14. GHOST HORN

GHOST HORN 100+ Posts

cool that she was able to see the game and see what nobody expected.

i like the quote about he can pick his girlfiriend. he better act quickly while the iron is hot.

15. Bottlecap

Bottlecap 250+ Posts

That was a cool story, especially since the article mentions that she was in NYC with her friends, and Bailey wasn't even sure if she saw it.

16. DoobieWah

DoobieWah 500+ Posts

17. HenryGandorf

HenryGandorf 250+ Posts

we were at a sports bar in santa monica, and this table of horn fans next to us had a laptop there to get wireless and make some bets. anyhow, after all the stalling, right as we lined up, all the tv's in the bar showing our game went dark. just our game. i had a stroke. we all did. there were a bunch of nu fans there too who were just obnoxious.

anyway, after a couple minutes of standing there stunned, someone yelled "the computer", so i looked down, and he had sportsline open, and i saw 22-20, and jumped up and said, "he ******* made it!" and we all high fived. the huskers didn't believe it, so they all came over to look at the screen.

the tv didn't come back on until about 13 seconds left. i was pissed and happy at the same time.

18. LAktownhorn

LAktownhorn 250+ Posts

gandorf, were you at barney's beanery on the promenade? i was upstairs when all that went on. i was going crazy hoping for the tv to come back on, and then i hear cheering coming from downstairs and i look down and see guys in burnt orange high fiving. god damn i was happy.

19. VoodooChi|d

VoodooChi|d 500+ Posts

I have a true/allsome story about Ryan Bailey...

I was at a party with him this last winter break and he was dancing with this girl. I was in the other room and all the sudden I hear people freaking out... well the girl he was dancing with dislocated her knee because his dance skills were just so good.

I swear on my life. [​IMG]

20. rufguy

rufguy < 25 Posts

21. PAC 10 Referee

PAC 10 Referee First Time Poster

those are pretty funny...(chuckle)
    is the server up yet?

22. HenryGandorf

HenryGandorf 250+ Posts

23. FirstTier

FirstTier < 25 Posts

Hesnothere's post following:

24. sessamoid

sessamoid 500+ Posts

I was down at Mr. Pockets in Manhattan Beach. All 100+ of us were utterly livid when the broadcast was lost. Several people immediately got on the cell phones to friends who were at the game who gave us the play by play.

25. UTIceberg

UTIceberg 250+ Posts

Hes not here,

That was a great story. What bar was it?

26. HornMafia

HornMafia 100+ Posts

Those of us in section 21 after the game were chanting "bailey bailey bailey...."

I hope he heard it.

27. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

We were doing it in 20 as well. I'm sure they heard it.

28. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

29. txzen

txzen 100+ Posts

30. austintex

austintex 500+ Posts