'Yeah, I know him. He's in my physics class.'

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by DigglerontheHoof, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico 1,000+ Posts

so far, this thread is pretty allsome

2. HornSubtype

HornSubtype < 25 Posts

3. UTCzech

UTCzech 25+ Posts

Hesnothtere's story, confirmed.

I work with his mom, nicest lady in the world. Here's the thing, I work in a cube slaving away on a computer, I'm not into all this office gossip ********, pretty much keep to myself, so for 2 years now I had no clue her son was even on the team!!! I knew she had a son going to UT, but that was it. I also knew she has been out on vacation since the middle of last week, confirmed with another guy here in the office that she is in fact in NY, so that's a really cool story. Wow, she's gonna be floatin' when she gets back to the office, we'll probably give her a standing ovation. I know she's a chocolate fanatic, maybe I can find some chocolate-covered strawberries to leave on her desk. As for me, I need to get out more....

[​IMG]

4. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

Also confirmed by the dogged reporters of the Austin American Statesman:

5. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

This story keeps getting cooler and cooler.

6. kicksumass

kicksumass 100+ Posts

thats a cool story.

tv blacking out was not cool! I was in Old Pro, Palo alto and when the tv blacked out, we started yelling at the bartenders thinking they did something. I didnt know who to call..i ended up calling a friend of mine who doesnt even care about football..but as soon as i called, the tv came back on and i saw the score and started jumping. Poor guy just heard a lot of screaming and then i hung up on him.

7. dang-str8

dang-str8 1,000+ Posts

As soon as I read the statement's article I looked for this thread to tell "He's not here" that the story was confirmed... I gotta say, I was a little skeptical when I read his story first, but now it's verified... cool story... [​IMG]

8. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

Like I said in another thread, Bailey is like Ollie from Hoosiers. Ollie never played and came out of nowhere to sink the big free throws to beat Linton. Bailey never played and stepped on the field to kick the game winning field goal to beat NU.

9. 90 Grad

90 Grad 500+ Posts

I was camping with my son with our Y-guides group at the Collin County site.
    I had a 1x1 handheld TV with ~20 guys behind me.

I told my buddy to grab the TV from me if the kick dosen't go in or else I am going to throw it against the building.

10. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

UTCzech

Please follow up on that story when she returns to the office.
    I think chocolate covered strawberries and a standing O is a great idea.......

[​IMG]

11. UTCzech

UTCzech 25+ Posts

I was out of the office yesterday afternoon, so I wasn't sure when she was coming back to work, so I didn't get the chocolates. Somebody did get her a card that we all signed, and she has a bunch of balloons at her cube (orange and white with "#39" written on them), and someone photocopied the pic from the paper and made a little placard for the outside door, "Welcome back Cindy, mother of THE Ryan Bailey". Pretty cool, I haven't even had the chance to talk to her yet, it's been pretty much a non-stop line of people back at her cube...

12. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

That is way cool......

Be sure and tell her us "Hornfans" are extremely proud of her son too.......
    What a great memory for that family.
    I hope he gets to kick again this weekend.

13. ACE

ACE 100+ Posts

14. FirstTier

FirstTier < 25 Posts

15. h0rnfan4life

h0rnfan4life 25+ Posts

16. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Obviously, the moral to this story is that California sucks.

17. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable 250+ Posts

18. hollisdude

hollisdude 500+ Posts

19. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

This is a great thread. And the fact that they are both in physics class shows that they are also there for an education. [​IMG]

20. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

They maintain focussness on the field, and in the classroom. [​IMG]

21. Quadry

Quadry 250+ Posts

Ryan Bailey will forever be a stud now![​IMG]

Oh and my TV went out in Arkansas, I called TBC and he said I will call you back. I had to wait and flip to ESPN to see what happened. Came back on with 00 left on clock when Nebraska had the free play.