Yellowstone Nat'l Park

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by VYFan, Jul 16, 2008.

1. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

There's no threads about Yellowstone when I search it, so apparently all you have missed out, but I got to go last week. All I can say is, what a sweet piece of real estate.

2. Bernard

Bernard 1,000+ Posts

I was there in May. Beautiful county to say the least. Near the end of the "Road Trip: NYC to San Diego" thread, there's a link to about 200 pics which include a day in Yellowstone.

They tried to keep me out of Artist's Point with a giant road barrier and a "Road Closed" sign. HA!!!! It takes a lot more than that to keep me down.
    [​IMG]

Bernard

3. Bernard

Bernard 1,000+ Posts

Here's a few more while we're at it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's a little something from Grand Teton National Park as a bonus:

[​IMG]

Bernard

4. snow leopard27

snow leopard27 250+ Posts

We are headed up in 2 weeks; I cannot wait !!

5. hullabelew

hullabelew 1,000+ Posts

Damn Bernard, I can almost smell the fresh air in that last photo. Thanks. We were in Yosemite the last week of May. Still going through those pictures.

6. KingBobo81

KingBobo81 250+ Posts

Snowmobiling in Yellowstone is by far and away one of the coolest things I have ever done.

[​IMG]

7. Bernard

Bernard 1,000+ Posts

We just missed each other, hullabalew. Those pics were all taken on May 16, 2008. It was a picture perfect day in the park.

Bernard

Edit: Nevermind, you said Yosemite, not Yellowstone.

8. pulque

pulque 1,000+ Posts

I'd rather be on a Caribbean beach with the bikinis, or not...

9. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Beaches are nice, but this time of year, probably 100 degrees. Yellowstone, on the other hand, was in the mid 60s most of the day, except in late afternoon, when it got to about 72. Then, into the 40s at night.

10. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

wow, they did get a lot of snow, i was there last summer and it was dry, no snow left and warm but it got into the 30's at night...west yellowstone is a cool little town.

11. Kahuna

Kahuna 25+ Posts

I'm headed off for Yellowstone in about 30 minutes. I'll just be passing through on my way to the Montana Microbrew Festival held annually in Virginia City. It is still in the mid-40's in the mornings up here. The drive should be beautiful.

12. SubliminalHorn

SubliminalHorn 500+ Posts

I need to hurry up and go before it erupts