Yes Lowell - it sucked

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by HTownBevo, Sep 8, 2018.

1. HTownBevo

HTownBevo 250+ Posts

So do you and your buddy ahmad.....ESPN whores

2. Lncn

Lncn < 25 Posts

Dang, I was upset by the win too, but I don't think they had anything to do with it...

• Like Like x 1
  3. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

I rewound the DVR just to make sure I heard it right. And it had the added benefit of being true. When a win feels like a loss, that's the definition of suckage.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Hahahah! I almost feel sorry for them. Being paid cover nothing but Longhorn mediocrity and not allowed to be too critical. Galindo finally cracked!

Its going to be awkward for him to lob softballs to Tom Herman on Longhorn Rewind this week.

• Like Like x 2
  5. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Was at the game and didn't hear the quote. Did Lowell actually say that? Good for him if so, listening to Craig Way and Roger Wallace after the game, I was thinking that I wish they would call it out. Good for Lowell.

6. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I’ve always found the LHN crews to be honest and call out craptastic play.

• Like Like x 1
  7. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

If you never have before you should listen to radio coverage while you're at the game. I always do and don't get this wrong I do love Craig Way but after you hear his play by play then the follow up interviews you'll realize you will NEVER hear him downplay the team or the game. Now he'll admit bad game or some very slight "could improve here", but never an honest negative criticism.
    Quran will be fair about receivers on occasion but he still will pull every positive he can imagine into the conversation.
    When you are there and listen to radio play by play you'll sometimes wonder how f you are seeing things compared to what he's reported on a play.

8. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

I definitely get that feel on post game show listening to those guys.

9. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Honestly Craig is a better Longhorn version of Dave South. Maybe it's in his contract to never be critical, but he is the most optimistic radio broadcating Longhorn ever.

10. Horngal12

Horngal12 100+ Posts

I get frustrated at times for the lack of critical comments, candor, or bluntness from anybody calling Longhorn games on either television or radio. I miss Becky Godbolt who never pulled any punches. At times it seemed like Rocky or Jordan were going to finally tell it like it was only to pull back a bit. I think it might be in their contract to be house organs for UT. I think it would be better for coaches and players to get a blunt truth heaped at them once in awhile instead of always getting sunshine blown up their butt.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

12. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Lowell explains ... sort of. Be sure to scroll the comments. Lol

13. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

this makes sense more than he was actually bashing the 'Horns.....LHN is a professional organization

• Like Like x 1
  14. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

He's not wrong, if he was talking about the game. The "I messed up in production" defense is fine, but it's not what people are saying about the flub throughout national media.

15. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Well, certainly more professional than the clown show Mensa-boy keeps trotting out week after week.