Yesterday - what I expected; what I got

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by SabreHorn, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Orangeyman

Orangeyman 100+ Posts

It has happened several times over the years. Once in Austin when we were playing UH and the lady told me she was just there to see the bands. I get that one-
    probably someone’s mom there to see them play at halftime. But, our group has has to endure the golf clap/sitting on your hands “fans” since before I went to Texas- 1976. Admittedly,
    we are extraordinarily loud- at every game-
    home or road.

• Like Like x 1
  2. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Will Anderson said the same.

• Like Like x 2
  3. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Prior to that the loudest I ever heard it there was during the Houston game when the Horns dismantled Klingler and company. It was louder than that, in part because the configuration of the stadium now helps contain the sound. Me liked it mucho

As we go to the SEC I expect that the noise will grow----a game against LSU or Bama or half a dozen others will get us out of our seats more than Kansas State or Iowa State or TCU.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

I went to all home games in 74, was surprised how quiet the crowd / fans were. We were damn good too so it made no sense

If folks recall when Akers took over in 77 and put Earl at TB the stadium had an electric feel to it. Immediately. Even tho DKR was the best coach we ever had, I had the feeling the beatings by ou on us wore on the alums and fans. Fred represented a change, a hope, and promise of better days

That's what I gather was going on at DKR early this year. Hope of better days
    ...Will it continue? Keep shitting the bed against the likes of tech and I bet it won't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Yeah I like the new atmosphere but unlike the normal fan I’ll be there regardless, hope others will join me.

• Like Like x 1