Yet another PAC-12 ref screwup

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Statalyzer, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Last week we had a random conference official, who wasn't one of the people who had the power to decide this, overrule a targeting call that went to the booth (that was a clear-cut case of targeting, too).

This week, Colorado scored a potential touchdown on USC and the refs didn't signal for a bit, then one guy finally signals TD. But then another ref comes and overrules him. No points are added to the scoreboard. The clock continues to run. Apparently the refs actually did decide it was a TD but nobody realized this. So Colorado thinks they have 1st and goal from the 3, when actually they are running a 2 point conversion. USC is ecstatic after that play, because they intercepted the pass, and then both sides were confused when the scoreboard increments by 6 and the ball gets placed for the kickoff.

At least it didn't alter the outcome of the game, but I don't know if I've ever seen this particular type of officiating moronicy before.

• poop poop x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Is there a U.S. government agency involved somewhere in this?

3. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

5th down comes to mind. Any officiating that goes against CU is well deserved. They still claim a NC for 1990 after clearly having 5 downs to score against Missouri.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I don't blame them for listing the Title, I blame the idiot voters who knew that CU deserved to have 2 losses and still said the Buffs had earned the right to be placed ahead of an 11-0-1 Georgia Tech team.

• Like Like x 1
  5. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I hear ya, but would Texas claim such a title? Maybe. Who knows?

6. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

And a school a few hours from Austin would plaster it all over a wall...not to mention build a trophy case for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Stat,

Give a while, I'm sure I can find a way to blame that on Bowelsby, Walt Anderson, Walleye Burkes, and/or Chuckie NeinASS.

:deadhorse:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

And I do like the idea that this is karma for the 5th down, but the PAC-12 also has, I think, some clear problems that are more than just an occasional rare fluke incident with their officiating.

9. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

I am so glad we didn't go there. If the B12 implodes when the TV contract expires, only place to end up is the Big10. Put us and OU in the Big10 and it's better than the SEC. The SEC can have Tech and OSU.

10. Mike the Texan

Mike the Texan 250+ Posts

Join the Big 10??? No way. We can't handle playing the dreaded Maryland on a regular basis.:whiteflag:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1