you have one NFL wish this season, what will it be

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Burnt Orangeman, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Burnt Orangeman

Burnt Orangeman 1,000+ Posts

mine's easy

Colt vs. Vince in the super bowl

I might have to just get scalped and go to that one.

2. agssuk

agssuk 1,000+ Posts

Packers repeat.

3. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

Some team other than Miami goes 19-0. Same wish I've had every year since 1992.

4. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

A thunderstorm does not knock out my NFL Sunday Ticket any afternoon for 17 Sundays.

5. HornsForever'93

HornsForever'93 1,000+ Posts

Don't worry Stanhin. Rain is very rare around here these days

6. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

If I lead my fantasy league in points like I have the past two years, that I have the best record and am champion, which hasn't happened either of the past two years. It simply violates the law of averages and can not stand.

7. Longtex

Longtex 100+ Posts

I'd wish for the NFL to pick thirty (that's the current number of teams, isn't it? whatever.) schools to serve as the first Triple-A League farm teams for the big boys. LSU for the Saints, us for the Cowboys, USC for --- uh, damn, is there a team there anymore? and so on. f**k the NC2A and all their dramas. Hey... could we get Vince back, you know, for a year of "seasoning"?

8. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

Michael Vick sprains a ankle in the 1st game and Vince get the reigns and never lets Vick of the leash.

9. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

Since you asked for a wish, my farfetched, ain't gonna happen, no way Jose' wish is that Jerry Jones sells the Cowboys and gets the heck out of sports....well, it would be ok if he owned a soccer team or got into professional eating competitions. My love of the Cowboys during my youth and formative years up was ruined when Jones bought the team. Maybe Cuban can buy them and own 2/3 of the major sports for the DFW area. One can wish!

10. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

Close to HornSwoggler's...my wish would be for Jerrah to hire a real GM, act like a real owner (i.e., stay out of football operations), and let the coaches coach and be the point persons on all football-related questions.

11. SunBurntOrange

SunBurntOrange 500+ Posts

12. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

repeat of those above--Skeletor to sell the 'Boys, so I can have a vested interest in one team in the NFL, rather than rooting for individual players--still remember back in '89 seeing a T-shirt that had "I Love the Cowboys" on the front and the back said "but I hate Jerry Jones!"

13. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Risky Williams to make it to Philly somehow, and be in the same backfield as Vince.

THEN, for Philadelphia to switch rosters with the Dallas Cowboys.

And THEN Jerry Jones has an epiphany and blows his own brains all over the wall and deeds the Cowboys to Mark Cuban

14. kbrown

kbrown 1,000+ Posts

I'd like to see Michael Huff find a good home. He's one of my all-time favorite horns. He can play!!!!!!

15. Okichi

Okichi 100+ Posts

16. atxbomber

atxbomber 1,000+ Posts

All former Horns have Pro Bowl caliber seasons.

17. NB_LONGHORN

NB_LONGHORN 500+ Posts

Texans make the playoffs and go to the Super Bowl based on a miraculous fumblerooskie play by Kasey Studdard highlighted by all would be tacklers being deflected by his beard. [​IMG]

18. 71grad

71grad 1,000+ Posts

Bring back the lockout for the next ten or twelve years,

19. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Michael Vick twists his ankle in game 1, VY comes in and wins, starts and wins the next 3 games in a row. When Vick comes back and is healthy, Reid keeps VY as starter (same has last year with Kolb and Vick) and VY takes the Eagles to the Superbowl. Then VY and Vick make it rain at the after party.

20. buckhorn

buckhorn 1,000+ Posts

I hope the Eagles suffer horrible and ignominious failure on as many fronts as you care to consider.

f**k the Eagles hard.

21. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

My Sooners and the Cowboys win the championship the same year.

22. GatorHorn

GatorHorn 250+ Posts

For the Texans to finally figure out a way to not grab defeat from the jaws of victory. That alone is probably worth another four wins. If the D is at least average, maybe 11 wins or more.