You have the #1 pick

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Don Johnson, Apr 5, 2008.

1. 13evO

13evO 500+ Posts

How tall is Beasley? He moves like he's 6'5, but I know he's taller. If he's a legit 6'8 or above, Beasley for sure.

Frankly, I was more impressed with Douglas-Roberts than Rose. We'd be in the game if it weren't for Douglas-Roberts who worked our zone to death.

2. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

3. adUTleander

adUTleander 250+ Posts

I'm gonna have to go with Beasley on this one as well. 6'10" 240 lbs and could have easily been player of the year this year. Beasley gets double and sometimes even triple teamed on EVERY possession because he played for a team with little to no help outside of Walker. If you even think about doubling Rose you will get roasted by one of the other freakishly athletic superstars that Memphis has to offer. Granted, Rose is a fantastic player and IMO is the next best available player in the draft after Beasley is taken but come on guys...is it that much of a what have you done for me lately type of world. Both players have no limits to their potential, but when was the last time an NBA team won a championship without a dominant big man (and yes i'm including shaq because D wade wouldnt have been able to take over the finals the way he did if the Mavs didn't have to take into account the most physically imposing big man of our time).

4. Utkclack15

Utkclack15 100+ Posts

Can Worldwide Wes package the lottery as well?

5. Michael Knight

Michael Knight 1,000+ Posts

6. longhornfan2818

longhornfan2818 250+ Posts

I think tyou all are forgetting about the best prospect in the county D'andre Jordan. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. forshizzzle

forshizzzle 25+ Posts

8. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Point guard is one of the absolutely essential positions in today's NBA. It's great to have a dominant big man, but few of those are around. Until the next Shaq Daddy shows up, a top notch point guard is a team's best bet to go far in the playoffs, and Rose is the best point guard likely to be available in the draft. It's hard to pass on Beasley, but I'd take Rose in a heartbeat.

9. DeadHorse

DeadHorse 1,000+ Posts

The NBA is a guards game anymore. That's mostly to a combo of the rules and the lack of decent big men. Most big men are really small forwards who happen to be 6'10"+. Unless a legitimate big man comes along, always take the PG in this equation.

Look at Chris Paul....

10. misirlou

misirlou 250+ Posts

In reply to:

11. adUTleander

adUTleander 250+ Posts