You have to love Miami's Attendance

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by general35, Sep 17, 2009.

1. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

They just showed the stands, looks like about 20,000 for this thursday night game against GT.

2. bigbend1812

bigbend1812 500+ Posts

Thats about right. Miami is on par with Dallas as the most fickle fans in the country. I think Miami may take the cake. If its not the playoff or the Superbowl, no one is coming.

3. DCLonghorn

DCLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

There at South Beach!

4. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa 500+ Posts

yes, cowboy fans are fickle [​IMG]

5. Orange&White

Orange&White 1,000+ Posts

6. OrangeRB

OrangeRB 500+ Posts

Well, those 20,000 are watching Miami's defense absolutely eat Georgia Tech alive.

That Miami-land thieves game is getting more interesting every day.

[​IMG]

7. updog07

updog07 500+ Posts

Im willing to put money on it.

OU is going lose to Miami. Harris is going to give their defense fits.and Miami's D will be able to handle Landry and a banged up OU team at home.

8. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

i can tell you one thing. we are going to have to play some sound ******* football to stop these guys. last week aside, i think we can score on most anybody... including miami. but i don't know if we can match up with them speed wise.

the difference in last year and this year is awesome. randy shannon might be the real deal, and i for one, thought they made a bad hire after last year's performance.

9. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

10. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

11. BigboyDan

BigboyDan 25+ Posts

Dolphin/Landshark Stadium is 15 miles from the U. Miami campus... but, if this game were to be played at 1pm on a Saturday attendance would be more in the 40,000 range.

12. Orange&White

13. Stormspencer

Stormspencer 100+ Posts

14. Nuclear Bear

Nuclear Bear 1,000+ Posts

The Canes are two years away from being regulars in the top 10 again.

I look at this years miami team like I did their 1998 team.

After I saw them beat UCLA in 1998 I said that they were on the back and that within 5 years they would win another national title.

15. OrangeRB

OrangeRB 500+ Posts

- if we only had one week to prepare for them (we have two).

Hmmmm....didn't you have a month to prepare for Boise State, WVa, LSU, USC or UF? Maybe two weeks is the magic number and you'll do better.

[​IMG]

16. orangecat

orangecat 1,000+ Posts

look out sooners! 33-10, GTech must be incredibly overrated!

17. Stormspencer

Stormspencer 100+ Posts

Touche'

Stoops' teams have played pretty well coming off of a bye week....losses being to UT in '06 and the Big 12 CG in '03.

Unfortunately for OU fans, they've really sucked with long layovers before bowl games the last several years [​IMG]

I am withholding judgment until I see Miami play Va Tech. But there's no doubt that they starting to put things together.

18. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa 500+ Posts

19. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

re: ....i think we can score on most anybody... including miami.

Just curious, what are you basing that on Notreally?
    You're offense really struggled against BYU. Are you going by the performance against Idaho?

I actually think Miami is going to be tougher to score on than BYU was. We'll see.

20. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

21. Orange&White

In reply to:

22. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

23. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

24. zsubnot

zsubnot 100+ Posts

Miami absolutely dominated the box score but only pulled off a 2 score win at home against GT. That team has no discipline. OU will not be that forgiving. On the one late GT touchdown, the DBs just gave up.

Miami has the D to give Landry a bad day, but if Miami can't close i dont see them winning. We'll know for certain after VT. I say a close game with OU pulling away at the end.

34-24, OU.

25. 4realhorn

4realhorn 500+ Posts

How many students does Miami have? As many as TCU? Their alumni base is miniscule.

26. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

If they aren't playing for a national championship, the convicts can't draw flies. For away games, Miami is lucky to sell 150 tickets.

Ever been to a convict game?

First of all, they give you a discount on season tickets according to the number of tatoos you have. Don't have the cash? No problem. Donna Shalayla will take the wheels from your home as collateral until your crack dealer advances you the money to redeem them.

Have fun with a Miami fan - ask them for directions to the school. None of those bandwagoneers, wearing their newly purchased WalMart "U" tshirts, can spell Miami much less know where Coral Gables is or that the school is located there.

The single trashiest group of "fans" anywhere. As previously posted, if they ain't Top 5, they don't get 20,000 even when they give away free tickets.

27. Nuclear Bear

Nuclear Bear 1,000+ Posts

28. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

I always thought that Miami had pretty poor attendance even when the Canes were good. Miami is a private school with about 15,000 students and even with the T-shirt fans they've never been able to consistently pack the stands.

29. Brother Horn

Brother Horn 100+ Posts

30. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

While reading this thread, I fell in love with Miami's attendance. [​IMG]