You have to love Miami's Attendance

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by general35, Sep 17, 2009.

1. RP McMurphy

RP McMurphy 100+ Posts

Even in the middle of Miami's NC days they never packed the Orange Bowl unless they were playing a big name opponent.Their 2001 NC season is all I could research to back up my statement, but here's how Miami's home attendance went that season. Miami was ranked #1 for every home game in 2001.39,804 vs. Rutgers (1-0)
    vs. Troy State (1-2)
    vs. West Virginia (2-4)
    vs. Temple (2-5)
    vs. Syracuse (8-2, #14)
    vs. Washington (8-2, #12)

2. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

I think OU will find a way to win. Just a hunch....

3. HornBud

HornBud 2,500+ Posts

The problems Miami will face against OU:

- OU's db's are much faster then GT's, and they won't be gassed by the end of the 1st quarter. End of the 2nd? Maybe.

- The QB is great at hitting his receivers on the run in open space, but the ball has no velocity on it, and just hangs in the air. OU will snag a couple of them.

The game's going to be interesting to say the least, and I think it's going to be a tight low scoring game. 24 will probably be more than enough to win. Whoever has the most 'want to' at the end of the game will take it.

4. dgnr8

dgnr8 100+ Posts

Can anyone tell me about the U's OLine? Are they stacked with All-American's across the front protecting Jacory?

5. Ignatius

Ignatius 1,000+ Posts

Miami only has about 10,000 full-time undergrad students, even in their heyday they depending heavily on interest from non-students/alumni as far as attendance, playing out in the sticks as opposed to the Orange Bowl definitely isn't helping that any...