You just can't compete with that SEC speed

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Statalyzer, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Unless you are The Citadel, with a 4-6 record in D1AA, and are only down 7 on the road to South Carolina in the middle of the 3rd quarter.

FWIW, Citadel has attempted 1 pass in the game and it was incomplete.

2. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

What about Furman? Up 22-7 on Florida in the 1st quarter.

3. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Wow, how did I miss that one?! But hey, give Florida a break, Furman actually has a winning record, which just goes to show how the competition in the SEC is so tough week after week after week.

4. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

Anyone with eyes can see the sec has nothing beyond the top 3 or 4 schools. It would be an abortion of college football integrity if the sec gets both teams in the mnc game. LSU is the only team in the sec that has beaten even 1 ooc team that is worth a crap (they have 2 good ooc wins). OK I'll give the hogs a victory over a worth a crap team. bamas win over a lame PennSt team is their 2nd best win all yr - and they lost AT HOME to LSU.

5. Trusted Insider

Trusted Insider 1,000+ Posts

And they just added 2 teams that couldn't compete in the Big 12. They're overrated and getting worse.

6. Bamaguy

Bamaguy 25+ Posts

The SEC has been in a downward spiral since the BCS was created. It just gets worse every year, and we seem to have no answers.

7. XOVER

XOVER 500+ Posts

lol. Gentlemen, I think we just got owned.

8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Because two SEC programs pulled through to beat 1AA programs that aren't even that good at the 1AA level? [​IMG]

9. aggressor

aggressor 100+ Posts

So the argument is that outside of the 3 best teams in football at the moment the rest of the SEC sucks? Um, ok.

10. Trusted Insider

Trusted Insider 1,000+ Posts

No, the argument is that the SEC is extremely overrated and becoming less and less of a power with each marginal program that they add.