you know it and i know it Texas/Bama

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by gardere_owns_OU, Jun 19, 2009.

1. TNLonghorn

TNLonghorn 500+ Posts

I would LOVE to see that happen!

2. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

It would not suck.

3. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

If you think that Ou has alot of tee shirt fans, go to a Bama game.

4. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

That would be a good time. No question about it.

5. WooHorn

WooHorn 250+ Posts

I thought this post was going to be about the Citi National Championship Game on 1/7. That is the next time that I want Texas to play them.

As for the link, no neutral site games should be planned at Jerryworld for a while. If we want to play there, the Big XII Championship Games in 09 and 10 would be quite enough.

UT/alabama at the Superdome would be sick.

6. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

No Jerryworld, please. Was there last week and the place is a nightmare to get in and out of and if they ever actually finish it, that will be a miracle. Stay with the Cotton Bowl!

7. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

I would actually prefer to play a second tier SEC, BIG10 or PAC10 team over one of their top teams. The Big12 has some high ranked teams every year and odds are if the Horns win out they are going to meet the best from one of those conferences in the BCS. Just quit playing the lighthouse for the blind and NAIA teams and things will be good.

8. kmac30

kmac30 500+ Posts

what's up with all the neutral site deals? just schedule home and home and be done with it. i would love for bama to come to austin and i would love to see texas play at bama. i would make that trip

9. 71grad

71grad 1,000+ Posts

I would really enjoy playing Alabama. We would improve our record to 8 - 0 - 1 against the Tide.

10. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

I'm sick of the netural site ********. Texas/OU is it, let's go home and home. Why do arlington with 2 great college cities/atmospheres? Could you imagine NOT playing tOSU in the Shoe but rather in St.Louis? f**k that

11. UTeed

UTeed 100+ Posts

Tuscaloosa and Austin. Yes. Hope it works out.

12. Valmy77

Valmy77 1,000+ Posts

Anything besides having to endure games against ULaLa and Wyoming as our big non-conference schedule.

I am not saying we have to load up on Bama/Ohio State/USC or whatever but geez at least schedule somebody from the other BCS conferences.

13. horns58

horns58 100+ Posts

Who in their right mind would not want to see this match up? Especially with both teams at their peaks. But it has to be home and home only -- we only need one neutral site game.

Remember how much attention and hype there was for the first UT/Ohio State game? Then, how great was it for Ohio State to come to Austin the following year (even thouth we lost)? Those games were awesome. We had to wait almost 10 years between big games like that (Notre Dame in '96). I don't want to have to wait that long again.

The old argument about risking your chance to play in the NC is bs. If you can't win a game like this, you don't deserve the NC anyway. I say bring it on. It just makes college football even more exciting than it already is.

14. herigonz

herigonz 25+ Posts

Word...

I know that there are programs that end up falling off the "elite" level from when you schedule them. But even if it would end up being a middle of the pack SEC team (which it wouldn't), it would be great because of the historical aspect and such.

...Plus yeah, that whole 9-0-1 thing after 2 more meetings would be great too. [​IMG]

15. Wesser

Wesser 1,000+ Posts

I'm up for a neutral site if that is what we need to do to make schedules work. That way you can get away with two teams both trying to fill a gap for one year. I think home and home is better. But sometimes things like Arkie and Utah happen. When we have that open date and another BCS team does as well, a neutral site game might be practical.

16. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Texas/ou should be the only neutral site game we play.

I'd love a home-and-home with Bama!

17. GabeRocksSocks

GabeRocksSocks 1,000+ Posts

We should have played Bama last year, instead of Ohio St.

Don't get me wrong, the OSU game turned out to be a classic, but I wanted Bama so ******* badly.

18. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

I didn't realize that Mack and Saban were so tight.

19. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

A series between my #1 and #2 all time favorite college football teams would ROCK!

TEXAS is: 7 - 0 - 1 all time vs. 'Bama

20. tsquar

tsquar 250+ Posts

Bring it on!

21. mudboy

mudboy 250+ Posts

22. bassale47

bassale47 1,000+ Posts

I would love to play Alabama in non-conference, but only if it's a home-and-home series. We already give up a home game every other year. I am not okay with giving up another one. If this national trend of neutral site OOC games keeps up, we'll be paying $400 a year for 4 home games.

I'm all for playing better competition, but Austin is a great city, and we have a fantastic stadium. There is no reason teams like Alabama can't come here to play us.

23. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Bama and us, home and home...let's get it on! Listening Deloss?

24. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

The following are the teams we need to schedule:
    Team - UT win /loss record
    Air force 0-1
    BYU 0-2
    Minnesota 0-1
    NC State 0-1
    Northwestern 0-1
    Penn State 2-3
    Notre Dame 2-8
    South Carolina 0-1
    Southern Cal 1-4
    Syracuse 0-2-1
    Vanderbilt 3-8
    Va Tech 0-1
    West Virginia 0-1

Dodd needs to schedule any of the above to get UT's all time record against them evened up or ahead of them.

The above are some good teams that would make great home and home series and allow us render their bragging rights null and void.

25. TULPoke

TULPoke 100+ Posts

26. Friday

Friday 500+ Posts

I know we played Vandy quite a bit in the 20's and 30's. We even played them in Dallas a few years when we couldn't play OU. If I remember correctly, OU joined a conference that did not allow neutral site games.

27. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

F Bama, I had no idea about the scorboard ND had on us. I want them MANY MANY times! That record needs to be rectified.

28. 1899horn

1899horn 500+ Posts

I have said it before and I'll say it again. If the BCS insists on making strength of schedule a compoenent to determine their silly little playoff, then every BCS conference team MUST play another BCS conference team in their non conference schedule. I would rotate conferences and play a schedule based on last year's order of finish. 1 v 1, 2 v 2, etc.