You know you are getting old........

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by TheFied, Oct 3, 2008.

1. swc.lives.on

swc.lives.on 500+ Posts

When you see a cop or soldier and think he really looks like a boy.

2. BrothaHorn

BrothaHorn 1,000+ Posts

3. BayouCityOrange

BayouCityOrange 25+ Posts

When you reach down to wipe your *** and your shoulder pops.

4. NBMisha

NBMisha 500+ Posts

Madscientist
    Less than a year after that, my kid broke his femur on the Midland school recess for 1st graders. Jessica's surgeon did the job on him.

He's 24. I'm old.

5. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

When one of the hot chicks you've been admiring at the pool swims over and says "Sir, can I bum a cigarette off of you." This I witnessed.

6. Alpine

Alpine 100+ Posts

When your doctor or dentist is younger than you are. My dentist looks like a high school kid. He doesn't have the decency to age like a normal human being.

7. 2farfromhome

2farfromhome 25+ Posts

For the first 35 years of my life I never once sat on my balls. Now it happens daily.

8. 77horn

77horn 500+ Posts

9. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

10. orangesuedeshoes

orangesuedeshoes 250+ Posts

When drinking water gives you gas.

When all women 10 years younger than you look "kinda hot."

11. ShadowNinja

ShadowNinja 100+ Posts

12. fiftylarge

fiftylarge 25+ Posts

Actually you reach a point where you just accept all that and go on down the road. Getting old sure beats the hell out of the alternative.

Then you learn to look at the glass half full. When I was much younger, only the younger women caught my eye. Now that I am gaining on the calendar, my vision has greatly expanded. Not only do all the younger women still catch my eye, I now cant help but notice that there are many mature women out there who are very eye catching also. Nothing like having your horizons expanded.

13. IRC

IRC 1,000+ Posts

When the president is younger than you.

(Damn you McCain. Why couldn't you win!?!?!)

14. UTGal

UTGal 100+ Posts

When you're 16 year old son's gf is babysitting your cousin's child for the weekend and you KNOW what is going to be happening in between 'babysitting'. Ouch. [​IMG]

15. veggieboy

veggieboy 500+ Posts

16. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

17. veggieboy

veggieboy 500+ Posts

18. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

19. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

Anthony Mason, Olden Polynice, Del Curry and Hersey Hawkins' kids are in college. A couple of the mas seniors.

20. RabidLonghorn

RabidLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

I am 48 and here is the **** I have had happen since 37:
    Tore a tendon in my thumb playing on a ps2 at 47.
    Sat on my balls.
    Pulled a leg muscle getting out of bed.
    Muscle spasim opening a can of dog food.
    During a leg cramp from getting out of my chair I hit my toe on the desk and knocked my big toe nail off then getting a staph infection.

21. OrangeBlooded

OrangeBlooded 500+ Posts

22. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

When you're hiring people that were born after you graduated....Geez I think about getting old probably way too much and I didn't need this thread to remind me that life isn't fair and that it flies by way too fast but yes the alternative is even more gloomy.

23. AUinAustin

AUinAustin 250+ Posts

When the Nike outlet store has their "classic" line of shoes on closeout. You buy the same running shoes you had in the 70's for a lower price in 2008. After running in them you no longer wonder why your feet and ankles hurt. The running shoes from the 70's were just a little better than running barefoot in terms of cushioning.

24. shorty

shorty 250+ Posts

....when you see a wii Animal Crossing commercial and are thinking, "WTF!" "What grown woman is going to converse with a friend via the game about a make believe fireworks display or shopping trip?"

That has to be the most stupid commerical and game idea I have ever seen that is supposed to be aimed toward adult women. It is fine for 5-9 year old kids.

All I can say is God help us all if it really does appeal to adults. There must be more ditzy people who believe they are the head god/goddess of the fairies than I ever dreamed exist.

Agaiin, sheesh, whooboy, and wtf.

25. Hornius Emeritus

Hornius Emeritus 2,500+ Posts

Ear hair.

That's all.

Just ear hair.

26. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

I'm regularly getting called "Ma'am" in public. I'm not yet thirty, and it kinda freaks me out.

27. jadubya

jadubya 25+ Posts

"When you go to wipe your *** and your shoulder pops......."

+++++++++++++

You owe me a keyboard........time to wipe off the LCD screen. Greatness....just pure greatness. [​IMG]

28. lecturer

lecturer 250+ Posts

when you find white nose hair.

29. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I guess I first noticed it when surgeons who operated on me were younger kids I had known in the neighborhood.

A sobering thing is to calculate the percentage of your age to that of your father when he died. Glass more than half empty.

30. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

...when you're within 90 days of your 65th birthday and your junk snailmail consists of brochures promoting Medicare supplements. [​IMG]

HornHuskerDad [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]