You know you are getting old........

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by TheFied, Oct 3, 2008.

1. zinger

zinger 250+ Posts

When I go to visit my mother in an assisted living facility and see people that live there that appear to be younger than I.
    Also when I scan the obituary page and see that more than 50% are younger than me.

2. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

... when you can let a Hall of Fame fart in a public place (like a grocery store, for instance) and act like not a damn thing is wrong. That's when you know you've achieved "Old ***" status.

BTW, I'm 41 and don't make noises getting up or down, in & out of a car, etc. Just get your *** off the couch & away from behind the PC and do something outdoors. Of course, being addicted to mountain biking helps.

Here's to staying young!!! Cheers!!!
    [​IMG]

3. dxspaz

dxspaz 250+ Posts

some of you old farts need to come see me in the chiropractor's office

4. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

5. I Am Texas

I Am Texas 100+ Posts

......when for the first time in the history of history, you are older than the POTUS

6. Rockinghorse

Rockinghorse 250+ Posts

Overheard at a luncheon:

You are in trouble when you start to forget to zip up.

You are in REAL trouble when you forget to zip down.

7. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

You know you are getting old when your farts start smelling like your Dad's. I never thought I would get there.

8. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

when you go sledding with your toddler and the next day you feel like you've been beaten by a baseball bat.

9. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

When you do something strenuous, and you think, "my legs, arm, back, whatever...are really gonna be sore tomorrow." But they aren't sore the next day...they are sore the day after that. That's when you know you are getting old. What causes that? Doesn't make sense.

10. Dusty

Dusty 250+ Posts

When you, uh… oh ****, I don’t remember.

11. beencounting

beencounting 500+ Posts

when pro athletes you watched as a kid now have their sons in college or pros. (Dell Curry - the kid @ davidson college bkb)

when hot chics call you "sir".

when chics no longer look at you.

when bigger guys get out of the way (sidewalk) instead of forcing you to get out of the way or simply pushing you out of the way (bars).

12. Fievel121

Fievel121 2,500+ Posts

When you're folding laundry and you have no idea if the panties are your wifes or your daughters.....

13. Murphy'sBoy

Murphy'sBoy 1,000+ Posts

When you bombarded with AARP ****. I get something every week and still throw it all away. I ain't going peacefully.