you only thought the Deficit was 1.6T

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by 911_horn, Feb 4, 2010.

1. 911_horn

911_horn 500+ Posts

Seems that Peter Orzberg of the crack Obama buget team ahem "forgot" to include 6 trillion in liabilities associated with Fannie and Freddie in that budget. He previously stated In reply to:

2. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

Don't worry though Obama is going to try to freeze spending to save us 15 billion per year.

Shoot, those house members crap that much when the use the toilet.

3. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

This is what I dont understand. All the outrage at the banks, AIG, etc...I'm pissed at them as well...well, Fannie and Freddie took more than all of them and their board members all took comparable bonuses to the bank executives. Where is the outrage? where is the media coverage and commentary. Guess what, Fannie and Freddie and still doing the same crap that got them in trouble in the first place.

4. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

5. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Can someone educate me how we reduce the deficit? The money is already out there, its already been created and dispersed. Unless we actually take it physically back and put it in a vault somewhere, its out there being owed to someone.

We can cut programs, cut salaries and "save" money.... but that doesnt get rid of the money thats already been loaned. What am I missing here. This is a sincere question.

If we save money and "give it back," who are we giving it back to exactly? Tax payers wallets? Isnt that where all this stimulus money ultimately comes from? Are we collecting interest on all this loaned out money? If we are, add it up so I can get mine. At any rate, isnt it going to take decades to eventually pay this debt off? [​IMG]

6. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

any rate, isnt it going to take decades to eventually pay this debt off?

i dont see it ever being paid off. i think they are just trying to keep it all from crumbling down. i see us getting a new currency,

7. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

i guess i don't understand while this is put at obama's feet? didn't this all happen before he took office? seriously... this cannot be put on this president. that is not what you are trying to say are you?

you want to put on congress, then go ahead.

8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Not really
    take a look at the easy to read and understand article on Bush's deficit and Obama deficit. This article uses WaPo's numbers and lays it all out very well and then ask youself if obama is blameless or if he made it horribly worse and making it worse evry day
    The Link

9. 911_horn

911_horn 500+ Posts

10. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

11. DFWAg

DFWAg 1,000+ Posts

12. Sangre Naranjada

Damn. What can we do so California WILL slide off into the ocean?

13. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

okay, i guess you can find someone to blame for everything.... but a republican president continually increased this budget to where it is now. that happned right? so obama basically has the same budget, and he's ******* idiot.

i just don't get some of you i guess.

there are plenty of things to hate obama for.... his views on healthcare, his tax policy, etc.... there are plenty of republican ideals that you can slam obama as being on the other side of ..... abortion, gays in the military, and so on.

this budget is no worse than what bush put out, yet all of these attacks appear to be clearly partison. i just can't believe that if mccain was elected this budget would be any different whatsoever. and futher, you would probably be defending it.

just don't get it.

14. 911_horn

911_horn 500+ Posts

15. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

i understand blaming bush doesn't solve any problems... but were you throwing a fit when bush introduced his first trillion dollar budget?

it is a fair question..... we were running a deficit then. were you as up in arms about bush's budget?

16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

notreally?
    did you bother to go to the link and see the WaPo's figures on what is happening?

also
    you posted this, "but a republican president continually increased this budget to where it is now. that happned right?"
    Actually Bush did NOT put the fiscal 09 budget into place. he sent a budget to congress in feb 08. The Dem Congress increased it so it is NOT Bush's budget anymore.

IIRC Bush did not even sign the fiscal 09 Budget. obama signed the monstrosity in March 09, It was 410 billion and included tons of earmarks.

This is NOT the 878 Billion stimlus bill he signed in Feb so we wouldn't see unemployment go past 8% btw

Did Bush overspend? absolutely. Only in a simpleton's mind would one President overspending justify another President from sending us off the cliff with reckless spending.

17. DFWAg

DFWAg 1,000+ Posts

18. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

thank you ag... someone who can actually answer a question.

now for a follow up, where you on the message boards attacking him for it?

19. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

20. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

21. 911_horn

911_horn 500+ Posts

22. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

23. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

24. 911_horn

911_horn 500+ Posts

Uh....dude

Pres - Rep
    House Dem
    Senate Dem

We are having a finance discussion here which has virtually nothing to do with the SCOTUS. It does concern Executive and Legislative branches of which the dems have controlled at least 2/3 the last 4 years.

25. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

notreally
    you are not an idiot. But looking at the Wapo numbers gives a good look at what is going on now

your link from thre BBC was feb 08 and showed Bush's proposed budget he sent Congress in Feb 08. Yes and that is exactly what i said,
    this from my earlier post,"Actually Bush did NOT put the fiscal 09 budget into place. he sent a budget to congress in feb 08. "
    right?

Then Congress plays with the numbers and increased it, It was a Dem Congress. Bush singed the defense budget but IIRC he didn't sign the regular budget.

it is our money and we are powerless to stop it.

26. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

oh, so they have controlled 2/3's of 2 out of the 3 equal branches of government for at least 4 years. Got it.

Wait! are those 3rd's equal? Senate/House/President. naw.

President (executive) = Congress [House/Senate] (legislative)

So, in essence, for 2 years there it was a draw between branches.

but i see what you are saying now. Rant away.

27. 911_horn

911_horn 500+ Posts

28. Sangre Naranjada

Yo will stop at nothing to defend his beloved democrat party. Ignore him.

29. alden

alden 1,000+ Posts

30. 911_horn

911_horn 500+ Posts

he hasn't stimulated anything other than chris mathew's leg. Another 800,000 jobs reported lost today. members of obama's economic team were telling him his stimulus package was terrible, but he wouldn't listen. doing nothing might have been only slightly worse, or perhaps even slightly better, but to say it is working is just stupidity becuase it is doing nothing but putting us further into debt when we cannot even pay our bills now.