You organize a Big10 school defection to Big12

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by danthehorn, Dec 18, 2009.

1. danthehorn

danthehorn 250+ Posts

Seems that conference re-alignment is the current fad on threads so why not a completely hypothetical just for the hell of it thread.

So, imagine Penn State, Ohio State and Michigan approach the Big 12 and say they want to join but want to keep the conference at 12 schools. How would you organize it? Do you reject the proposal and construct a 16 school conference? Or do you keep it at 12?

Here is what I would do:

1. Ask that Illinois be included as part of the deal so that the Big12 gets the Chicago market.

2. The North and South become East and West divisions.

3. Iowa State, Kansas State, Colorado (Go to PAC 10) and Baylor get kicked out of the Big 12.

4. Organize divisions as follows:

East: Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Illinois, Kansas and Missouri

vs.

West: Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and A & M

5. Sign the highest bid by lined up TV networks for exclusive deal.

With this line-up Aggy would never see the 80’s again. Also, Nebraska and OU get to stoke their rivalry on a yearly basis.

2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Keep Colorado, kick out aggy. Then we're all good.

3. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

drop iowa state and bring in northwestern. they have the academic credentials and it gives big 12 (read us) access to all of those tv sets. plus its a cool old time stadium. good band. no one knows the words to the fight song. and when they win they travel. jan 1st 1996 driving back from our sugar bowl loss listenting to the radio and the announcer says "welcome to pasadena california where, and these are words i never dreamed i would say on air, the historic rose bowl is awash in a sea of northwestern wildcat purple".

go to chi town every 4 years or go to ames. you do the math.