You think the OU Band plays 'Boomer Sooner' a lot?

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by TheGallopinGoose, Oct 20, 2009.

1. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

2. TexasRx

TexasRx 500+ Posts

3. Dusty

Dusty 250+ Posts

Boola, Boola, Boola, Boola,
    Boola, Boola, Boola, Boola,
    When we're through with these poor fellows,
    They will holler Boola, Boo

4. 77horn

77horn 500+ Posts

Playing it once is playing it too much.

5. LonghornMM

LonghornMM 100+ Posts

That "song" is like nails on a chalkboard. [​IMG]

6. MaceHorn

MaceHorn 100+ Posts

I would have stabbed myself in the ear. I never want to hear that song. I mute the TV.

7. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

in 1973, I was the "right-front puller" of BIG BERTHA...yes, Big Bertha went to every ou game then....We sat her in the tunnel next to the schooner....I sat with Bertha for the entire game....

well....the final score was 52-13...."another TINKER OWENS touchdown" is all I remember...along with NON-STOP 'boomer sooner'....and I mean NON-STOP....

back then, (right after the EARTH COOLED) both bands played the fight songs at least twice as fast as they do now...well, I was subjected to so many boomer sooners at CLOSE RANGE that today, almost 40 years later, I salivate each and every time I hear the PRIDE start playing.... [​IMG]

8. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

If I was a recruit, hearing that song would make me say "Hell No!" Of course the City of Norman would also be a deal breaker..........and all the cheating that school would too.........and on and on.

9. SunBurntOrange

SunBurntOrange 500+ Posts

Isn't it the only song they know?

10. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Yea, the sooner band beat OSU into submission [​IMG]

11. ImissWallyPryor

ImissWallyPryor 1,000+ Posts

Sounds like they probably went for 2 to make it 21-20. Thank God for that.

12. Jim Bob

Jim Bob 1,000+ Posts

I've been to so many Texas OU games I don't even hear it anymore. The one that drives me nuts is that thing the USC band plays over and over. Bom, ba ba ba Bom Bom. AAAGH

13. gkp

gkp 500+ Posts

I guess no one has been to an SMU game for a while, but they used to play "She'll be coming round the mountain" continuously. They would drop the volume during plays, but not stop. Very old, very fast.

14. PeeJay

PeeJay 100+ Posts

Sounds like a sick man farting in a jug.

15. marley

marley 500+ Posts

I honestly didn't hear it on Saturday at the stadium.

Maybe I just ignore anything played by anybody who would think that going to that "school" was/is a good idea. Or maybe I've gotten my seats positioned just right so I don't hear that racket.

I heard "Texas Fight" a BUNCH, though.

[​IMG]

-----------------------------------

Forget "Poor Aggies." These days, it's "Poor Thieves."

16. TexLaw04

TexLaw04 500+ Posts

17. Y Sanchez

Y Sanchez 250+ Posts

It could be worse. At the HS where I coach I get to hear the Aggy War Hymn EVERY time we score. Not to mention at the start of the game and the second half and then again as soon as the game ends.

We are averaging around 45 points a game this year.

18. LongLiveBevo

LongLiveBevo 250+ Posts

^^^ My niece's school, Royse City High School, uses the aggy war hymn as their fight song. At homecoming they played Rockwall. Can you guess what their fight song is? Every game of hers is harsh (songwise) but that night sucked.

19. dthree36

dthree36 500+ Posts

Seems like they play it every 10 seconds after each play no matter who is on the field. I don't think the band learns any other songs.

20. honkinhorn

honkinhorn 100+ Posts

OU's Boomer Sooner and Tennessee's Rocky Top have got to be the two most annoying songs in existence, and both play them over and over and over. At one point when I was younger, I used to like the other UT, but their song got on my nerves so bad I just couldn't take it. Or maybe it was Fulmer.

22. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

I still have to go with that SMU thing being the worst.

23. Not that Bob

Not that Bob 500+ Posts

We had seats right across from the visiting band. The SMU thing makes Boomer Sooner sound like Beethoven.