You will like this

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by tbone, Feb 12, 2008.

1. TrashMaster G

TrashMaster G 250+ Posts

That game is one of my best memories as a fan. My wife and I drove down for the game, what an electric atmosphere that day/evening.

2. Bevoette

Bevoette 1,000+ Posts

sorry you're wrong.. I did'nt like it !

I LOVED it ! I was watching that game from Plymouth MA. awesome game ! .. I missed all the corps beating fans at the end thank goodness..

3. chuychanga

chuychanga 500+ Posts

I think I remember reading that Ricky had more yards against the aggies than against any other team he faced.

4. tj11_hookem

tj11_hookem 100+ Posts

5. WashU-Horn

WashU-Horn 500+ Posts

Following this win, WashU-Horn, a freshman, drove around the drag in his 1984 chamapign Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham honking the eyes of Texas. He could barely see, the windshield read:

16-6 Gig this!
    [​IMG]

6. ngnichols

ngnichols 250+ Posts

7. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

This was sweetness as the Horns totally dominated this game after losing 4 straight to these trolls. I don't know to this day how James Brown played as he could barely walk the week before the game. Westbrook had some bone-crushing hits and Ricky was nails that day.

It was the last game during the SWC era. aggy fans were just disgustingly obnoxious and stupid in those days and it was good to finally stick one in their eye at Pyle [​IMG]

8. Aragorn

Aragorn 250+ Posts

Great video. The defense was ridiculous that day. 6 turnovers! [​IMG] The "personal foul" call against Westbrook was ridiculous too. That wasn't even remotely a personal foul.

9. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

You were right. I did like that.

10. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

11. rtchorn

rtchorn 250+ Posts

Last SWC Champion. First Big 12 Champion.

12. madscientist

madscientist 1,000+ Posts

i suppose it was the achilles injury, but after 1996 i was sure that bryant westbrook was going to be in the nfl hall of fame. that hit, and the randy kinder hit the next year, are two of the greatest hits i've ever seen. and the man could cover.

13. marley

marley 500+ Posts

Great sig, Rip76.

14. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico 1,000+ Posts

will never forget that game. mackovic sucked but that was allsomeness at it's most allsome

15. Oranjello

Oranjello 100+ Posts

This video sits well with me. One of the greatest games I've ever attended. So funny to see aggy student reaction to the first home loss they had ever seen live and in person.

Say what you want about Mackovic, but grant him this, he managed to turn the corner on aggy with the '95-'96 wins over those no good FedEx cheating pieces of ****.

16. lkainer

lkainer 500+ Posts

Wow! Great game. Forgot about Stoney Clark clocking people. Hard hitting at its best.

[​IMG]

17. 2feathers

2feathers 250+ Posts

That was fun [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Pop

Pop < 25 Posts

Ricky was awesome! Its hard to believe that game was over 12 years ago. I remember our game in Austin with the Ags during his senior year when he broke the 60+ yd TD run to break the college record...what a great game and crowd that day as well.

[​IMG]