Young boy just hit by a car

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by Longhorn Al, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

I was on Manchaca heading north from 1626 this morning. I hit a bunch of stopped traffic and saw Starflight land up ahead, in the road next to the Texican Cafe. I finally heard on the radio that an 11 year old boy was waiting for the bus and was hit by a car traveling about 40mph. He's still unconscious and is on Starflight headed to the hospital. They don't know if he was in the road or if the car swerved.

Send some prayers and positive thoughts his way.

2. horniegrl14

horniegrl14 100+ Posts

prayer for him and his family

3. Moe Syzlack

Moe Syzlack 25+ Posts

Prayers for the boy.

4. Longhorn Al

Longhorn Al 500+ Posts

Apparently the boy was crossing the street to get on the bus. The bus was stopped with lights on and stop sign out. A girl either didn't see it or ignored it. Hit the boy as he crossed.

5. Bevoette

Bevoette 1,000+ Posts

she needs to be charged for not stopping.

I pray the boy will be okay. many many prayers !

6. Bevoette

Bevoette 1,000+ Posts

Found this.....
    The Link

"An 11-year-old Paredes Middle School student was in fair condition at Children's Hospital on Friday after he was struck by a vehicle in Southwest Travis County near his school bus stop, officials said.

The boy, Dakota "Cody" Shultz, was crossing Manchaca Road near FM 1626 with another child when he was hit by a gold 2006 Honda driven by 52-year-old Irma Barrera Yturri about 7:06 a.m., according to Tom Vinger, a spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety. Vinger said one witness reported seeing Yturri on a cell phone at the time the boy was hit."

a teacher no less !

7. mihm_rules_mom

mihm_rules_mom 25+ Posts

I hope Cody is going to be ok. My prayers are with him and his family.

8. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I pray for Cody and his family that he recovers fully from this, and I also pray for the driver and her family. The guilt she must be feeling is enormous, I'm sure.

9. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

[​IMG] prayers extended. [​IMG]

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest