Young Maturing

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by ngnichols, Aug 11, 2008.

1. ngnichols

ngnichols 250+ Posts

The Link
    [​IMG]

Finally healthy, Titans' Young ready to take next step

2. yourlordarileus

yourlordarileus 250+ Posts

3. Kramer Horn

Kramer Horn 100+ Posts

this is good news! i'm excited!
    but will the lack of talent at WR hurt his development more than his improvement can account for? did that make sense?

4. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

5. Sneezy

Sneezy 25+ Posts

6. ngnichols

ngnichols 250+ Posts

7. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn 1,000+ Posts

What norm chow was doing there at least for the last half of last year was actively trying to sabatoge VY and engaging in a whisper campaign designed to make his star look like a combination of ingrate and idiot.

Well, if that star is Ocho Cinco or TO or some other jackass it's still wrong. But when that guy is VY, universally loved by damn near every coach and player who has ever been around him it is unpardonable to the extreme.

Norm Chow is a jackass, a bafoon and a loser. I entertained dreams of Greg Davis leaving to coach the titans in a way to make both the titans and the longhorns better. Yes, that's how bad it was- I would easily rather have Davis as the OC then Chow.

At least Greg is smart enough not to let his ego get in the way and use a trancendent player to the best of his abilities, as opposed to trying to smash a round peg into a square hole.

Norm Chow is not only an idiot for misusing VY, he is an ******* in the extreme for that ******** whisper campaign against him at the end of the year.

I'm so happy for VY he doesn't have to deal with that clown anymore.

8. LonghornSS

LonghornSS 100+ Posts

My only problem with the article:

9. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

10. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

11. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

He was getting bashed for returning to school instead of training in Tenn and getting to know his new OC in the off-season. To me it looks like VY had gain some weight last season and now he looks in the shape he was in when coming out of Texas and his rookie year.

[​IMG]

12. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

He was getting bashed by people who did not know that the new OC was down in Texas with VY getting him ready.

VY is ready to take the next step and he will be one of the top QB's in the league over the next couple of years. [​IMG]

13. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico 1,000+ Posts

i still love vince young. he's still the most bad *** dude on the planet.

14. RoughedUpSuspect

RoughedUpSuspect 100+ Posts

Hopefully, Heimerdinger will get Fisher to open up in the red zone like he eventually did with McNair. Fisher is old-fashioned.

Last year, VY only had 36 attempts in the RZ. 4TD. Romo had 18 TD's in the RZ.

The more frightening stat is that the Titans only attempted a RZ 1st down pass something like 8 times; 2 were from the 20, 2 were in a 2 minute drill, and 2 were in the Cincy blowout. So that's 2 1st down passes? Predictable.

And I think they only had 13 2nd down passes in the RZ?

15. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I am very excited about Young for this year. He passed better last year than the first, and his running was off b/c of injury and perhaps overdedication to stay in the pocket. Now healthy, he should continue his upward curve, which has already passed through OROY and a pro bowl game.

16. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I <3 the Dinger.

I <3 Vince Young.

17. TexasTower

TexasTower 500+ Posts

18. AFhorn82

AFhorn82 100+ Posts

I also love saying the last name "Heimerdinger." Go Vince [​IMG]

19. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

Just think of what Heimerdinger could do with Reggie McNeal.

20. tbone

tbone 250+ Posts

21. ngnichols

ngnichols 250+ Posts

22. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

It isn't that hard to figure out unless you a career coordinator that refuses to change and adapt. You then try to destroy your star player by starting false rumors about him.