Your CFP dream scenario?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Dionysus, Oct 21, 2018.

1. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

Texas can get there. If we do, we will play Alabama. I opine the other two will be the winner of the Ohio St-Michigan game and Clemson.
    Unfortunately, we are getting carried away(myself included) with the rankings.

The crooked “Committee” produces the the only ranking that matters. The first playoff committee rankings are released October 30. I looked at the committee members and predict we will not be given any favors. Also, Oklahoma has a member on the committee.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

I am a jerk. Sorry, forgive me for that. I don't know what I was thinking. I apologize.

3. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

For the entire Alabama team to be abducted by a UFO.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Not us but -- Alabama is @ LSU on Nov 3 for a night game.
    The locals should be good and toasted by then
    Already reports out that Jalen Hurts might miss it due to ankle which probably would mean Tua Tagovailoa would play in the 4Q for first time all year

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Tiger Stadium gonna be craaaazy

• Like Like x 1
  6. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

That Tiger Stadium crowd / noise might just will that team just enough to upset Bama... just a feeling.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Yea. Selection of the best teams by a committee is nothing short of manipulation to eliminate teams like TCU (in a good year) and protect the chosen few. It is such a brilliant process that I cannot understand why no other D-1 sport and D-2 and D-3 football does not use it. And why not the NFL?

OU’s AD is on the committee this year. He can recuse himself on his OU vote, but let me ask this question, would Texas getting in over OU be a bad thing for his team? If so, would he lobby against Texas in any way? Why of course not. OU has a reputation of always playing fair, especially when it comes to their beloved Longhorns. And there are other inherent biases within this committee.

The selection of “the best” by a committee is absolute bullsh-t!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  8. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Only one SEC team would be a good start.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Yada, yada, yada, just win out and reality is 1-0 today and tomorrow.
    Hookem Herman.

10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I'm not sure, but Washington State winning out and making the playoffs would be amazing. Especially if everyone on the Tech BOR was strapped into seats in the stadium and forced to watch them win their opening playoff game.

• Like Like x 2