Your Favorite Moments from the '08 Regular Season

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TheGallopinGoose, Dec 26, 2008.

1. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

A few of my favorites:

-showing FAU just how "tough" Texas is

-the flea-flicker during the Rice game

-winning all non-conference home games 52-10

-beating OU in the best Red River Shootout I've ever seen

-the first half of the Missouri game (probably the most dominant half of football I've seen Texas play so far this season)

-handing A&M its worst loss to Texas in 110 years

2. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

Beating OU in the RRS is by far the best!

3. 4th&5

4th&5 1,000+ Posts

Beating OU. Hands down.

[​IMG]

4. Is this for ALL of college football, or just UT?

Some of my faves from the 08 college football season were...

Georgia beginning the season as #1, but losing 3 games on the field and getting players arrested off the field. Whoever selected UGA as preseason #1 should have his or her head examined. Anyone who's seen my weekly wrap-ups knows my opinion on 2008 Georgia football.

That referee trucking that South Carolina QB when they played this year.

Carson Palmer opening his mouth about how much he hates Ohio State

Booger Boy and his band of Missouri MUles being ranked in the national title hunt to begin the year, then losing four games

Paul Johnson bringing the triple option to Georgia Tech, and then beating an overrated Georgia with it

Myron Rolle (sp?) being named a Rhodes Scholar

Huskers rebounding from blowout losses to Mizzou and OU to finish with 8 wins and possibly 9

Favorite UT moment? Probably Shipley's kickoff return vs. OU

5. dang-str8

dang-str8 1,000+ Posts

To be honest, the best thing to me was that the Secondary did not suck as I expected... Honestly... With such young guys playing against such strong offensive teams, I was expecting us to get destroyed, instead I got excited to see Gideon and Thomas cover receivers and make some good picks... Gave me hope for the next couple of years at least...

6. Texas0407

Texas0407 500+ Posts

7. TTUEX

TTUEX 25+ Posts

Crabtree's touchdown to win the game was pretty awesome.

8. Earl Street

Earl Street 25+ Posts

J. Shipley's punt return against OU to ignite us, and the entire 4th qtr where our very young OL used the OU DL like a cheap broken down blocking sled....... just like Florida will.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

10. Austin180

Austin180 1,000+ Posts

11. Iguana

Iguana 25+ Posts

I have to agree with the kick return by Shipley during the OU game.
    Horns down by 11 at the time, i think.

12. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

13. horns4everup

horns4everup 250+ Posts

14. Anton

Anton 25+ Posts

The Shipley return was the biggest play of that game...but my favorite play of that game and for the season was the run by Ogbonnaya down to the 2 yard line that helped seal the game.

It wasn't until that run that I felt like we had the game under control, the rest of the time I was waiting for the other shoe to drop like the year before.

15. Lost_In_Ohio

Lost_In_Ohio 500+ Posts

Mine would have to be when Colt was walking down the tunnel before the Mizzou game hitting his clinched fist against his palm looking down....total badass. Thats when I knew we where in good hands.

16. jwig2020

jwig2020 25+ Posts

Quan's block on Lendy Holmes on Shipley's reception to the 1. OU never responded.

17. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Agree with the Quan decleating land thief holmes. [​IMG]

Although Sergio's hit on that stupid aggy qb was pretty good too!

18. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

00:00 on the Cotton Bowl Scoreboard Clock

19. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Quan's catch on the long ball down the left side in the 1st quarter of the RRR. I still don't know how he made that catch especially as he was held in the process. I will miss him as much as any Horn.

20. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

45-35...'nuff said?

21. 83Horn

83Horn 100+ Posts

How about the goal line stand against Rice. They had, what, 11 or 12 chances to score from inside the 5 and came away with ZERO points. Allsome. [​IMG]

22. TNLonghorn

TNLonghorn 500+ Posts

1. 45-35
    2. Sergio Kindle laying the tool shed to Stephen McClipboard and doing that little dance.
    3. The Missouri beat down

23. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

24. Jim Bob

Jim Bob 1,000+ Posts

Fourth Quarter in the Cotton Bowl, and after trailing all day, we're finally up 38-35. The defense has gotten us back the ball. Third and three at our own 25, and the Sooners are screaming for a stop. Colt dumps to Obie for ten and a first down. Then...

With five minutes left and only a three point lead, Obie lines up on the left side and crosses in front of Colt to take the handoff. Hall and Dockery pull wide right and devastate two Sooner defenders. Obie blasts through the hole and races 63 yards to the two. Roy drops his shot at glory on first down, but Cody takes it in on second. 45-35

To make matters even better, I was surrounded by cute little things in burnt orange, which made all the celebratory hugs that much sweeter. Hook 'Em

25. 71grad

71grad 1,000+ Posts

The goal line stand against Rice.
    The RRS. Jordan's KO return to make it 14-10. Quan's block on Holmes. OB's long run.
    The slugfest with a then undefeated Okla. St
    That miserable cold day in Kansas.
    Revenge on the Aggies.
    Getting scoreboard back on tOSU.

26. Horn89

Horn89 1,000+ Posts

After the long run by Chris O. to seal the game, watching the aisles fill up with crimson t-shirts while the Texas fans celebrated for the last few minutes of the game.

27. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

Unleashing the 4-wide set on OU and never looking back from that point forward

28. toucan82

toucan82 1,000+ Posts

Bill in Sinton in Austin for the Missouri beatdown... I believe that we achieved a critical mass of focusness that night

29. OUMoneyMon

OUMoneyMon < 25 Posts

I hated the outcome of the RRS, but that was the most intense OU/Texas game I've atteneded since 2001. A truly great game we'll be talking about 30 years from now.

30. SchertzHorn

SchertzHorn 100+ Posts

Besides the RRS, I enjoyed the Mizzou game atmosphere.