Your first ever Texas-OU game..

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by WYhornfan, Jul 6, 2009.

1. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

OK - I named my first ou game in person... 1968 - a thriller.

Let's add a twist to this question - and it is a hard one: What is your favorite (in person) TX - ou game? You can only pick ONE.

For me, out of 20+ I attened it is hard to only pick one, but one comes to mind easily for me:

1977: 13 - 6 Horn Victory [​IMG]

What say you?

2. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

3. WorsterMan

HP - I will keep it fairly consistent with the orginal question - favorite game you attended in person.

4. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

5. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

My first one?

Suckers.

6. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

Picking a favorite attended is hard enough. For me, it's one of 4.

1994-Obvious

2005-Just because we broke that insane winning streak of theirs by beating the **** out of them

2006-Just because we got to come here on Hornfans and read all the Sooner posters stutter with a lot of "yeah, buts" and "ums" and "uhs" after they had shaken their fists mightily with their invisible football diplomas in hand proclaiming that Mack Brown would never beat Bob Stoops if he didn't have a Superman QB.

2008-Easily the best football game I've been to between the two (and it's not just because we won, it's because of the dominant offensive execution by both teams and that it was the tightest game between those two when undefeated going in).

7. RabidLonghorn

RabidLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

I think it was 1973, I know the Horns got mudholed but I dont remember the score.

8. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

It is hard to pick one favorite, but if pressed it might be 1968. Part of this is due to my seating location, on row one at the 50 yard line. The person to my left was Okie. Their section started there, no dividing line, just orange to my right, red to the left.
    When they got ahead late in the game, and with the wishbone offense so slow to grind out a score, it didn't seem possible UT would come back and win. The entire Okie section was on their feet, ragging us and chanting Pooooor Texas. Haf'nha.
    James Street orchestrates a perfect drive, we score with a small amount of time left, and I gaze to my left-a sea of silent, crimson crying Okies, no sweeter sight ever was viewed by my two eyes. To my right, orange pandemonium.
    I'll never forget that moment.
    Of course, 1963 was sweet, the first clash of a #1 versus #2 ranked team for UT. And 1977 has to rate right up there, as well.

9. pjohnson

pjohnson 100+ Posts

First in person 1970 (my first year at UT). Good game, we kicked their asses 41-9.

First ever to listen to was the 1958 game, I was in the AF and listened on a car radio as we drove from Roswell NM to Juarez. I became a Longhorn die-hard fan that night.

Favorite to attend, the first was about as good as it got.

The most irritating to attend was Royal's last game when we were decided underdogs, but controlled the game and were ahead 6-0 late in the game. OU got the ball at mid-field and with the help of two 15 yard penalties they scored a TD from 20 yards out but missed the EP.

Afterwards the UT fans were all pissed off while the OU fans were acting like they had won and had beaten the favored team. Buncha ********, but then we all knew that.

10. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

My father started attending the OU game in 1945, and his favorite is the 1958 game. Epic game, epic sea change.

11. Crown & Coke

Crown & Coke < 25 Posts

My first Texas/OU game was 63-14 in '00. FML.

However, I did have nearly perfect seats in Section 7 for last year's triumph...so I've certainly experienced my fair share of euphoria as well.

12. Fire Tunnel

Fire Tunnel 100+ Posts

1979 Texas 16 ou 7

When it comes to football, nothing is more fun than leaving that game with a win and nothing worse than leaving with a loss.

13. UT Padrino

UT Padrino 100+ Posts

2002 [​IMG]

How ever, it was my only Texas-OU game in LHB so I had a good time anyway.

14. LonghornDub

LonghornDub 25+ Posts

First was 1959, my freshman year. Second victory in a row for Royal over Wilkinson. Bobby Lackey was the QB. OU sucked then, too.

15. hornrush

hornrush 25+ Posts

1967. Hardest hitting, bloody, cussing battle that ended with some near fights at the end of the game. What a great time!

Hook'em!

16. Muterinlaw

Muterinlaw 25+ Posts

TX 3 - OU 14

17. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

1964 Cotton Texas-Navy

18. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

We played Navy in the TX-OU game? Sweet!

19. WorsterMan

1976 TX - ou was the single hardest hitting football game on any level I have ever seen. It was a train wreck on every play.

20. Bigtex112

Bigtex112 500+ Posts

James Brown's first start and Stoney Clark's "stone wall" at the end of the game. Took my girlfriend to the game and sat on row 1, 50-yard line. That girlfriend is now my wife and mother of my 2 kids.